Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,677
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

American Express Black

Now that this is open to anyone to apply for that spends more than $250,000/year on a charge card, has anyone taken the plunge and got it?

Established Member
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎08-13-2010
0

Re: American Express Black

i wish, lol

Valued Member
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: American Express Black

I thought you had to be invited to apply?


Starting Score: (5/25/10) TU: 599, EQ: 592, EX: 566
Current Score: (9/24/10) TU FICO: 619, EQ FICO: 611, EX (Plus Score as of 9/23/10) 650
Goal Score: 700 and beyond!


Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,677
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: American Express Black

From what I found out, when the economy tanked and amex tried to go back to there roots of getting everyone to use charge card vs credit card products they opened this up since the annual fee is so high.  When my business was at it's strongest I was averaging about 150k a year and I called to inq about the black and the lady was like let me transfer you over to the black department and they can look to see if your accounts spending qualifies you.  I knew I did not have the 250k requirement so I didn't bother but she never said by invite only

Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,095
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: American Express Black

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,677
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: American Express Black


haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! Smiley Very Happy


Smiley Sad but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score

Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,095
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: American Express Black

 


Creditaddict wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! Smiley Very Happy


Smiley Sad but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score


And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

 

 

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,677
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: American Express Black


haulingthescoreup wrote:

 


Creditaddict wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! Smiley Very Happy


Smiley Sad but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score


And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

 

 

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. Smiley Wink


I sure have been touched by just about every bank I have ever heard of... oh wait did I do the touching!?Smiley Tongue

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,197
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0

Re: American Express Black

 


Creditaddict wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

 


Creditaddict wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! Smiley Very Happy


Smiley Sad but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score


And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

 

 

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. Smiley Wink


I sure have been touched by just about every bank I have ever heard of... oh wait did I do the touching!?Smiley Tongue


You are too much fun! Smiley Wink

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,828
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: American Express Black

I  just wish I had an income of $250,000.

FICO 08
TU 840 7/7/16
EX 827 7/3/16
EQ 828 7/3/16
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 34.1k ) ( Venture 24K ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k, In their final resting place, can you hear the sound of taps? ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.