Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: American Express Black

If my Daughters school let me charge the tution fees on the Amex Black, I'll be satisfying the $250 charge limit plus more. I can not wait for her to graduate and get off my expense list :smileyvery-happy:

Senior Contributor
O6

Creditaddict wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! :smileyvery-happy:

:smileysad: but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score

And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. :smileywink:

I sure have been touched by just about every bank I have ever heard of... oh wait did I do the touching!?:smileytongue:

Wait, wait, wait a minute ... are you saying that you are touched:smileyhappy:

IAALBNYL
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

O6 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! :smileyvery-happy:

:smileysad: but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score

And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. :smileywink:

I sure have been touched by just about every bank I have ever heard of... oh wait did I do the touching!?:smileytongue:

Wait, wait, wait a minute ... are you saying that you are touched:smileyhappy:

Isn't everyone a little "touched" in there own way, just some of us get better medications :smileyhappy:

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Aoi

I wish I had an income that lets me spend 250k a year lol

-------------------------------------
8/2010 TU: 718 EQ: 721
Thank you myFICO forums!
Established Contributor
TheCreditKid

I've seen 4 of these bad boys where i work so far. Still boggles my mind everytime.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Established Contributor
MsKiwi

TheCreditKid wrote:

I've seen 4 of these bad boys where i work so far. Still boggles my mind everytime.

I had a customer where I used to work use his and it was heavy as heck! I swear it weighed about a pound. LOL

Frequent Contributor
tsquad131

I've only seen and held one only one time when i used to work as a delivery driver for a restaurant and delivered to a dentists office. The poster above me is right, it is unusually heavy for a credit card.

FICO scores - 727 TU(Walmart)/ 727 EX(Amex app)/ 721 EQ(Discover app)
In My Wallet: BankAmericard Cash Rewards($2,000), Discover More($3,000), Chase Freedom($2,000), Fidelity Amex($1,000), Sam's Club Discover($4,400), SallieMae 5% Mastercard($5,000), Amex BCE($2,000) ,Citi Simplicity($2,000), Paypal SmartConnect($3,100), Walmart Store Card($2,350), Chase Amazon Visa($700), Target RedCard($500), Capital One Cash Rewards($750), Best Buy Store Card($1,900), HHGregg($2,000), Amazon Store Card($1,250),Newegg Preferred Account($2,000), Park West($2,000), BankAmericard Travel Rewards($5,000)
toonicegirl79

To the last two posters- I think you are confusing the exclusive Amex Black with the chintzy nouveau-riche Visa Black made of carbon graphite. Those are hardly exclusive and its holders should be openly mocked. Kudos to the marketing department for that bank however!

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

toonicegirl79 wrote:

To the last two posters- I think you are confusing the exclusive Amex Black with the chintzy nouveau-riche Visa Black made of carbon graphite. Those are hardly exclusive and its holders should be openly mocked. Kudos to the marketing department for that bank however!

no the amex black is also made of metal so it does not wear out from swiping or break

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Member
risinghigh

A few of my customers used black Amex's exclusively and the cards were indeed made of metal. And I also remember the first time I held one- I wasn't prepared and the look on my face said it all...:smileysurprised:

Starting Score: EQ:600 Dec 09 TU:629 Dec 09
Current Score: EQ:670 Sept 10 TU:661 EXP FAKO:721 Sept 10
Goal Score: EQ:750 Dec 10 TU:750 Dec 10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}