cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Declined - Recon Number?

tag
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Declined - Recon Number?

Hello everyone!

I decided to apply for the American Express Blue Cash card for my 1 year anniversary on my Zync Card (Anniversary is actually Feb. 15th Smiley Sad)

I was declined however but the reasons don't seem really that devastating, I'm sure if someone had a manual look at it, they can hopefully forgive me?

"

Your application was processed using our American Express Cardmember Risk Score which evaluates existing cardmembers.  The reasons you did not score well were:

Your FICO? score (See below)

Your debt with other creditors relative to the available credit as indicated by Experian. 

The number of months that you have been on file with a consumer credit reporting agency is too short. 

The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short. 

"

They pulled my EX FICO and it was 702, I thought it was 680ish but I guess not!

Does anyone know of a recon number? 

Here is my credit history:

I.  AAoA: 2.5 years
II. No Baddies whatsoever
III. INQs (1 year span):
(EQ) 2 *8 months old.*
(EX) 0
(TU) 2 *8 months old.*
IV. 20% UTL rate
V. Fako scores;
(EQ) 685 (FAKO)
(EX) 702 (FICO)
(TU) 710 (FICO)

Thank you guys!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday Declined - Recon Number?

It's probably just because of your score.  I had more inquiries and about the same AAoA, but my score was a bit higher and my util was 0.  I'd also been a member with AMEX for only 9 months.  

Try calling in for a recon!

Message 2 of 34
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I'm suprised that they denied you, but it just goes to show how unpredictable AMEX can be with approvals.  But it shouldn't be a hard pull, so that is good.

The only thing that you could change is your CC debt with other cards, which is only around 25% right ?

It's worth a recon IMO.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 34
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I'm suprised that they denied you, but it just goes to show how unpredictable AMEX can be with approvals.  But it shouldn't be a hard pull, so that is good.

The only thing that you could change is your CC debt with other cards, which is only around 25% right ?

It's worth a recon IMO.

I'm glad it was a soft pull since I got declined, and yes! It's 25% however AmEx said "As of December 31st of 2011, your score was..." I wonder if they have an old report with older balances?

I would love to recon. but I'm not sure which number to call?

Thanks guys!

Message 4 of 34
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Bummer! I'm really surprised...I'd figure you'd be a lock for it. Now you've got me second-guessing applying at the 6 month mark. But AMEX is so quirky so who knows. 

But hey, no HP! You can't beat that.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 34
radiomando
New Contributor

Recon number for AMEX  is under Backdoor numbers sticky in credit cards section no?

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you get preapprovals from Amex? Also you can call CS and ask for a product change

Message 7 of 34
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

If you've been denied by both Barclay's and Amex within a couple days of each other, I wonder if the CCCs are seeing something that you're not aware of. Have you pulled your CRs lately?

Otherwise, maybe it's a sign that you need to garden for a while. Smiley Wink

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 34
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for replying!

It said 'Declined', and when I called they said they're going to have a 'second look' at it. Now it says 'In Progress', is that because I called?

I thought the same thing Bichonmom! But I was approved the other day for a Discover More card, so I'm not sure if AmEx and Barclay are being a bit picky?

I hope it goes good though! I'm losing hope on applying for my Chase Freedom card :/
Message 9 of 34
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'm surprised they declined you.  Your app looks great and is better than mine was when I was approved.  UT a teeney bit high but other than that it's good.  702 FICO is perfectly fine for BCE.  What kind of usage did you give the Zync?  Good luck with the recon,  I am very optimistic for you and would be surprised if you didn't get it in the end.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.