cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Declined - Recon Number?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday Declined - Recon Number?

@grigorexxxcore wrote:
Thank you everyone for replying!

It said 'Declined', and when I called they said they're going to have a 'second look' at it. Now it says 'In Progress', is that because I called?

I thought the same thing Bichonmom! But I was approved the other day for a Discover More card, so I'm not sure if AmEx and Barclay are being a bit picky?

I hope it goes good though! I'm losing hope on applying for my Chase Freedom card :/

Well there is still hope!! Keep us updated!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 34
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Boomhower- Thank you! I'm surprised too, I was prepared for the dreadful 'In Progress' message because I figured I wouldn't be automatically approved. But with the Decline then the rechange to 'In Progress', I'm hoping I can snag the card! I used my Zync very well this past year, since day 1 I've charged everything and anything, I did a good amount of $12K-$15K of charges on it for the whole year and of course, paid in full! The representaive said, "We declined you due to your Fico score." Which shows it at 702 on their application results. I thought that was a good enough score!

LS2982- Thank you! I really hope it all goes well and I get the card! Smiley Very Happy

GrowingCredit- I have not yet received any pre-approvals, I wonder if its because I am under 21? And that 'credit A.C.T.' Is in place? Actually come to think of it, I've never received any 'pre-approval' from any lender before?

FloridaState- I'm on the same page, I was surprised! I thought I was going to get approved, I was expecting a low CL and a high APR to brace myself but with AmEx, you never know!!

RadioMando- I called (800) 567-1083, I didn't notice the Backdoor forum, I found this on a previous post?
Message 12 of 34
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Declined - Still got an INQ?

Hello everyone!

I was declined for an American Express Blue Cash Card, I called recon and they looked into it and still declined me Smiley Sad

But I checked my credit report and I was hit with an INQ? 

I always thought with American Express that if I was declined, it would be a soft pull and not an actual hard pull?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Message 13 of 34
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday Declined - Still got an INQ?

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

Hello everyone!

I was declined for an American Express Blue Cash Card, I called recon and they looked into it and still declined me Smiley Sad

I always thought with American Express that if I was declined, it would be a soft pull and not an actual hard pull?

Sorry about hte denial. That;s what i heard also. As a current AMEX customer if you get denied it should be a SP and if you get approved it's a HP. You might want to call them up and ask.

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the decline.  I'm going on 7 months with my Zync card and was planning on apping for one their revolvers soon.  I hope you can get that inquiry removed and a possible 2nd recon? 

Message 15 of 34
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

Hello everyone!

Bummer !  Did they just give you the same reasons as your previous denial ??

As far as the inq goes, it could be that when they did their manual review of your denial that they hard pulled your CR.    The first inital denial was very likely a soft pull.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 34
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

Hello everyone!

Sorry about hte denial. That;s what i heard also. As a current AMEX customer if you get denied it should be a SP and if you get approved it's a HP. You might want to call them up and ask.

That's what others here have posted. Do you have an AMEX? If not, then it would be a HP, whether or not you're approved. If you do have an AMEX and got a HP for denial, then it could be they are doing it differently now.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could it be that the recon resulted in a HP? When the computer was crunching the numbers it was only a SP.

Message 18 of 34
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Definately have them pull a fresh report on you, especially if you know your Dec Utilization was high... 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 19 of 34
longhorn11
New Contributor

I think that's why the inquiry showed up.  When they took the reconsideration request they probably pulled a fresh report.  From what I have seen, one reason why most denials are soft pulls is because they use a recent account review pull as opposed to a fresh report.  Could be wrong though.  

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.