Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blued denied also

tag
paturner
New Contributor

American Express Blued denied also

So disappointed, waited to rebuild credit to apply for Amex and was denied Amex Blue........what do I need to do? Scores are EX 644, Trans 680 and Exp 662.. I Really wanted a good card like Amex.

Thank you for your recent application for Blue Cash EverydaySM .  After reviewing your request, regrettably, we are unable to open an account for you at this time for the following reason(s):

Your American Express Acquisition Risk Score is too high  (See below)

Your application was processed using our American Express Proprietary Acquisition Risk Scoring System which assigns a numerical value to the various items of information we consider in evaluating an application.  Your application's total score exceeded our threshold for approval at this time. Listed below are the reasons that you did not score well compared with other applicants.  (For reasons based on information in a credit report, the name of the consumer reporting agency is identified.)

Your consumer credit bureau score from Trans Union is too low  (See below)

Lack of bank account or lack of bank account information. 

Too many recent credit checks (Trans Union) 

Your consumer credit bureau score mentioned above was determined using a scoring system that evaluated the information in your file at the consumer reporting agency named above.  The following are the primary factors in your credit report that affected your credit bureau score:

Derogatory public record or collection filed. 

Proportion of revolving balances to revolving credit limits is too high. 

Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high. 

Length of time accounts have been established.  

starting anew
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express Blued denied also

How many cards/accts do you have?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

A 720 score is the new 620 score.  Any scores below 720 isn't a guarantee credit approval.   I wouldn't bother to waste an inquiry. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, AmEx pulled TU?

I thought they pretty much pulled EX, surprise surprise.

I would think your scores would need to be at the very least 700, preferably a bit higher.

But it seems you have some derogatory info on your TU report as well, also your util is too high (could be you have no revolving credit or your CC balances are too high) and it seems your AAoA's is too low.

You may need to wait some more time to let your existing accts age (if you have any) or try to do something with the derogatory public record or collection that's on your TU report.

I Wish you the Best of Luck!!

Message 4 of 17
paturner
New Contributor

I had six credit cards x2 Capitol One, 1 Barclay Juniper, 1 Best Buy Mastercard, Walmart and Lowe's. Only have balance of $1300 on 1 Capitol One and $350 on Juniper. Credit limits are $5850 total. 

starting anew
Message 5 of 17
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

AMEX CC products are harder to get than their charge cards.

I paid off all my CCs and only left one card reporting $50 balance when I applied. But you shouldn't try with score that low.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tengtengvn wrote:

AMEX CC products are harder to get than their charge cards.

I paid off all my CCs and only left one card reporting $50 balance when I applied. But you shouldn't try with score that low.

+1 on the bolded. Although the are exceptions, unless youre above 700, your chances of getting a CC are slim. Depending on whats on your reports, you *may* be able to app for Zinc. But its a charge card.

Message 7 of 17
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Which card is harder to get?

Amex Blue series of CCs or Amex Hotel/Airline CCs?

Message 8 of 17
Alcibiades
Contributor

When applying to Amex, start with Green or Zync.
Message 9 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

For AMEX to pull TU, it means they are not satisify with what's on your credit report. AMEX will pull EQ and TU if they are not happy with your EX report.

Basically, what AMEX is saying is that,

* $1300 balance on your Capital One is too high per account

* AAoA is too low

* You apped too much credit cards/loans recently 

* Negative things like collection, charge off, and/or lates on your credit report

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.