Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express CLI SP vs. New App

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Express CLI SP vs. New App

I know American Express just uses the SP on hand when CLI requested and some people have been declined because the system used a CR from over a month ago. Partner has American Express Costco $7500 and at 61 days was declined CLI, but it wasn't until he applied and was declined Citi Forward that we realized a new Ambulance bill had popped up on EX only... Now here we are 4 months later and it got delete last week (was company error!)

So I think he would need to wait until at least next month to do CLI on Costco, but we have been waiting for this to drop off to apply for the Blue Pref. Plus....

Should he also wait until next month to apply for that? 

And he can't ask for CLI and then also apply for another revolver in same month right? it would just be the 61 day mark on the new card right?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express CLI SP vs. New App

If today is 4 months after the 1st CLI denial you should be good to go now, but to be on the safe side id try it beggining of April. As far as apping for another card I don't think a CLI request is going to hinder a new application (at least Ive never heard of it from here)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I know American Express just uses the SP on hand when CLI requested and some people have been declined because the system used a CR from over a month ago. Partner has American Express Costco $7500 and at 61 days was declined CLI, but it wasn't until he applied and was declined Citi Forward that we realized a new Ambulance bill had popped up on EX only... Now here we are 4 months later and it got delete last week (was company error!)

So I think he would need to wait until at least next month to do CLI on Costco, but we have been waiting for this to drop off to apply for the Blue Pref. Plus....

And he can't ask for CLI and then also apply for another revolver in same month right? it would just be the 61 day mark on the new card right?

How long have you had the card? You could always try now for the CLI, and if they don't approve it, try again next month.I don't believe there is any restriction on asking for a CLI and apping for another Amex. You would need to wait 61 days to CLI on a new card.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

Sounds like your question here is how long to wait until the erroneous collection falls off AND AmEx has softed his report again, so that they'll have a clean soft on file, right?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes EX shows deleted, so probably 15-60 days for Amex to get a clean SP right?

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

i think 15-60 days is about right CA

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.