Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Card

I want to apply for the Americam Express Everyday Card. My scores ae EQ-661, TU-647, EX-663, do you think it will ge approved? Let me know what you guys think.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Card

It would help if you include number of inquiries, AAoA, and oldest account. Data points like those will net you more responses. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok i'm new to this forum thingy, what is AAoA and what do you mean when you say oldest account and data points?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok i'm new to this forum thingy, what is AAoA and what do you mean when you say oldest account and data points?

average age of accounts- so say you have one card that is 10 years old and one that is new, your AAoA would be 5 years and your oldest is 10 years.

All these things are data points, not asking for another bit of info there.

Also, what cards do you currently have?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I post the the cards I have and does it matter if they are not all major credit cards?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't post pictures of them, just list them.

For example "Capital One Quicksilver Mastercard - $500 limit". That kind of thing.

I'm looking to get in with Amex soon too, so I'll stayed tuned for future answers.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just from my own experience - btw AMEX only pulls Experian...

when my EX was 624 - was denied instantly

EX was 640 - offered a card that has no sign up bonus and $500 CL

EX was 649 - instantly approved for BCE for $5,000 SL

EX was 660 - instantly approved for Platinum and PRG.

My Oldest was 21 years - My AAoa was 8 years, I had 34 inquiries at the time of approval, 1 collection (6.8 years old) and 3 late payments (6 years old), UTI was 3%

My Experian now hovers around 675-688 - my UTI is 16%, AAoA is 6.4 years, 41 inquiries and No collection but still shows 2 late payments (student loans). was approved for Delta with $1,300 SL but rejected for my BCE credit limit increase 3x at 61 days.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

my scores were less and i got it with about 35 inquiries fico 8 was around 640 eq 580ish, high utilization, i squeezed through maybe lol, but I was pre qualified on there site at the time

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.