Regular Contributor
creditguy-378

Re: American Express Card

they pull experian and I wouldn't go with the Fako Plus Score buy your Vantage Score from them that's what they look at  when I first app. for blue cash was denied when I called them and talked to a sr./ca I told him I have a exprian fico of 724 got it from my bank he said that didn't matter and told me they pulled Vantage from experian because of there contract with them after going over everything on my report with him he agreed with me and approved me for the card

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Interesting that the CSR told you this. We have always heard that AmEx uses its own in-house scoring system (this has also been stated by AmEx employees who have posted here.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
creditguy-378

That might be true because I remember when the c/a approved me after a lengthy explanation of my report said something like you pass our criteria I was shocked to hear that companies are using it but they do get the vantage because I bought it when I was on the phone with him and when I compared my page w/ details of score to his what we had was the same also was told by my banker at wf the other day that they are implementing vantage when getting credit from them except for mortgages they still pull fico for that  

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Valued Contributor
android01

My Vantage score according to Credit Karma is 990, so FICO scores be damned!  :smileywink:

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Regular Contributor
creditguy-378

I just hope creditors stick to fico can u imagine if you had to know all the different scores out there and always wandering who pulling what it would be chaos!!!!!!!

Established Contributor
JayRizzo

ummm that's kinda how it is now.  Almost like wishing all merchants only accepted either Visa or Mastercard, but then there's also Discover, AMEX, etc

Frequent Contributor
Meltdownblitz

After paying off all my debt, how long do I have to wait until i should apply for an amex card and get approved for the most part?

Regular Contributor
daylove

your score should be above 700...if you travel abroad forget the Amex because no one takes it.

ladyvg270 wrote:
I just heard that american express cards was a great card to have. Do you have one? If so what was your score at the time? and what is it now?

superfresh08

Hi,

I just applied for the Zync card and received it in the mail last week. It's a charge card so there is no pre set limit per se but of course there's always a limit somewhere. My score was a 659 at the time. Hope this helps.

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

IMO, AmEx is the best CCC out there, customer service is the absolute best, the perks are great, they are very generous with CLI's, they backdate, should I continue?

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}