Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Cards Issue in the UK

tag
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

American Express Cards Issue in the UK

Have you guys seen the cards Amex issues in the UK? They are beautiful and all of them have the micro chip.

Check the one from Harrods. It is by invitation only... Wish I can get one. Check the link:

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/cards/harrods-card/

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: American Express Cards Issue in the UK

Wow! That is a beauty!

Message 2 of 20
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

WOW!!!!  those are some cool looking cards.... especially the Harrods one!!!

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 3 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Nice !!   and only £150 annual fee, plus 5 Harrods Rewards points per purchase too !!!

And it states that you have get up to 6 additional cards at NO CHARGE for your friends & family  !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 20
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

... and the AF is, roughly $231.... It's great.

In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 5 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

The Nectar one is groovy

Also they have a platinum cashback. This one looks like my old Optima

Message 6 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

It's probably just me but I dont like the chip. It kinda ruins the appearance of the card I think.

Message 7 of 20
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

It's probably just me but I dont like the chip. It kinda ruins the appearance of the card I think.

It's true, but I've seen the UK version of the Black Amex with the chip and it looks really nice.

Message 8 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@HoahCredit wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

It's true, but I've seen the UK version of the Black Amex with the chip and it looks really nice.

I guess the contrast of the chrome looking chip agaist the black im sure is awesome

Message 9 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Holy cow, their British Airways card has a "representative 50%" APR !  Smiley Surprised

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.