Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: American Express Cards Issue in the UK

I'm surprised Harrods is making that card by invitation only?!

I don't see the RED Card, I forget who backed it or partnered with Amex in UK (Oh wait is it Canada?) Might not be UK, but I always like that one.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
HoahCredit

pizzadude wrote:

Holy cow, their British Airways card has a "representative 50%" APR !  :smileysurprised:

I know, but a good percentage of it is refund it back to you at the end of the year based on how fast you paid for your balances.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Regular Contributor
HoahCredit

CS800 wrote:

HoahCredit wrote:

CS800 wrote:

It's probably just me but I dont like the chip. It kinda ruins the appearance of the card I think.

It's true, but I've seen the UK version of the Black Amex with the chip and it looks really nice.

I guess the contrast of the chrome looking chip agaist the black im sure is awesome

Oh yes!!!

In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Super Contributor
CS800

[ Edited ]

HoahCredit wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

Holy cow, their British Airways card has a "representative 50%" APR !  :smileysurprised:

I know, but a good percentage of it is refund it back to you at the end of the year based on how fast you paid for your balances.

So in advance they jack up your APR. At the end of the year you get like a mini tax refund

:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
CreditMuppet

HoahCredit wrote:

Have you guys seen the cards Amex issues in the UK? They are beautiful and all of them have the micro chip.

Check the one from Harrods. It is by invitation only... Wish I can get one. Check the link:

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/cards/harrods-card/

Definately in the market for a UK Amex, they do have a British Airways card @19.9%, not sure I would use it enough though.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
HoahCredit

CS800 wrote:

HoahCredit wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

So in advance they jack up your APR. At the end of the year you get like a mini tax refund

:smileyhappy:

That's correct.

Super Contributor
CS800

Do some cards in the US come with the chip?

Regular Contributor
HoahCredit

CS800 wrote:

Do some cards in the US come with the chip?

No as far as I know.

Established Contributor
fusioncredit

I like the Platinum Cashback credit card

Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Super Contributor
CS800

fusioncredit wrote:

I like the Platinum Cashback credit card

I was just thinking the same thing. Would be good to get cashback instead of points. I like cash

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}