cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Customer Service - Satisfied Customer!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Customer Service - Satisfied Customer!

I lost my Gold Card yesterday.  I use my Gold Card every day for nearly every purchase.  I called AMEX and was pleased to hear my new AMEX would be here no later than 7 pm Thursday via UPS.  I didn't even have to ask for overnight!  I ordered replacements for Juniper, BOA, etc., and none offered overnight shipping of my new card.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Customer Service - Satisfied Customer!

glad to hear it!  i have always heard (mostly) positive stories about AMEX CS.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Praising American Express in this forum???  BLASPHEMY I SAY Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 11
CodeMonkey
Contributor

My fiancee is a preschool teacher. Just recently, she purchased a shiny new iPhone - she's an AU on my Gold account, so I had her put it on there for the warranty benefit.

Well, last week, one of her students had an accident. When she took her to the bathroom to get her cleaned up, the little bugger snatched the phone from her back pocket (I guess it had been sticking out), and *PLUNK* - into the toilet it went.

The poor girl had had the phone less than two weeks. She was pretty distraught.

Well, when she got home that night and told me I called AmEx - they have a "purchase protection program" for recently-purchased items.

Spoke with a very professional CSR who asked me a few questions about the situation, and emailed me a bit of paperwork to fill out and fax back.

Within about 72 hours after faxing the paperwork back (they tell you it can take up to two weeks) I had the full $400-some-odd amount credited back to my account.

So, the whole episode didn't cost us a dime - and since I didn't have to pay the AF for the first year, the Gold card's actually paid -me- $400 (plus rewards) so far for using it.

Near-schizophrenic CLD's aside, I was pretty impressed with AmEx.

Message 4 of 11
Uniqua
Established Contributor

LOL. Love your comment. Hey, if you think praising AE is blasphemy, I wonder what you think of praising Orchard Bank? I've seen it!

@Anonymous wrote:
Message 5 of 11
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Make no bones about it, AE is excellent in this area. It's just that once you carry a balance for a little bit of time or get a negative hit on your CR (even if it's no fault of your own), they become the beasts so many complain about!

@CodeMonkey wrote:

My fiancee is a preschool teacher. Just recently, she purchased a shiny new iPhone - she's an AU on my Gold account, so I had her put it on there for the warranty benefit.

Well, last week, one of her students had an accident. When she took her to the bathroom to get her cleaned up, the little bugger snatched the phone from her back pocket (I guess it had been sticking out), and *PLUNK* - into the toilet it went.

The poor girl had had the phone less than two weeks. She was pretty distraught.

Well, when she got home that night and told me I called AmEx - they have a "purchase protection program" for recently-purchased items.

Spoke with a very professional CSR who asked me a few questions about the situation, and emailed me a bit of paperwork to fill out and fax back.

Within about 72 hours after faxing the paperwork back (they tell you it can take up to two weeks) I had the full $400-some-odd amount credited back to my account.

So, the whole episode didn't cost us a dime - and since I didn't have to pay the AF for the first year, the Gold card's actually paid -me- $400 (plus rewards) so far for using it.

Near-schizophrenic CLD's aside, I was pretty impressed with AmEx.

Message 6 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

amin182 wrote:

I too love Amex.Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I did the 30 day trial with Verizon. They had bad service in my area, so I opted out as I was allowed to according to their terms.

In violation of the contract stating I had the right to a full refund, they store charged me a 25 percent restocking fee. This infuriated me, but it's the most I could get them to budge. They tried to not take anything back at first until I threatened to file a complaint with the BBB and FTC.

I disputed and faxed Amex the receipt showing the 25 percent fee missing, and they had it credited the next day. I was impressed.  

Here we go again...
Message 8 of 11
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Let me remind you about massive CLD's, account closures and FR.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do any other credit cards have a similar "purchase protection program", or is it just American Express?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.