cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Delta Skymiles Convert?

tag
travelguru
New Contributor

American Express Delta Skymiles Convert?

I am considering converting my Amex Delta Skymiles to another Amex card used for travel. My question is, after reading all these topics on this forum, one who uses the CC primarily for personal purchases, travel reservations, etc. which is the better of the cards? I have read everyone wants the "Blue" but I haven't heard much about the Amex Blue Sky card. I travel internationally and fly over 100,000 miles a year, so which one is a better bet....Amex Delta Skymiles or Amex Blue Sky for the travel perks and FF miles???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Delta Skymiles Convert?

i would think if you are looking for mile than what you have is good. i don't know much about blue sky, but i think it's equivlent to delta (just partnered with jet blue instead?).

the reason everyone goes for one of the blue's is because it's considered a "prime" card.
Message 2 of 4
travelguru
New Contributor

Thanks for the assistance. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Message 3 of 4
John060675
Valued Contributor

That is a question we cannot answer.  It depends on your travels.  I would get the Delta if you fly, well, Delta.  I would get the Blue Sky, well, if you fly Jet Blue.  If you fly both, then you will need to choose which one you fly more.

One more thing, AMEX has the best customer service by far, and I am sure they will be very willing to help you crunch the numbers as to which one will be the best for you.

I did a product change from the Delta Skymiles to the Blue Cash, and when I did the rep spent 5 minutes with me crunching the numbers to see which one would be the best.   I have never had this type of service.  AMEX rocks!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.