Did you mean: 

American Express Details

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Details

Someone's gotta ask the question.......

How did u manage to get 100 inquiries?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 56
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

I'll take a shot in the dark here and say; applying for credit. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 56
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

hehe

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your new cards! I have both with SL of $2000 each. Unfortunately, there is no back door number to increase the clis. For new account holders, you will not be able to ask for an increase until after 60 days of account opening. Amex wants to see usage and account history first.

As for the cash back cards, they are harder to get. But, again, its YMMV. But, if your starting limits were $1000, that means you had a borderline approval. You might want to wait on those.

You may be able to request a charge card now. I applied for the Green charge card the same time I applied for the others, and was approved.

Good luck!!😊

Sorry but what does YMMV mean?  I bet it is because of my inquires.  I have almost 100 on experian.  If I charge 5k on each card each month, how do you think they will respond with that?  I want to show heavy usage and stop using most of my current cards.

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

They probably seen that you have a credit addict problem and would like to see how you maintain the revolver before extended a card that must be PIF each month. 100 inquiries is huge and says you have a problem, but hey, who am I to judge Smiley Happy 

Gratz on the approval. The smallest limit I have seen was $250 in someone's siggy. I suggest you call when you get the card. Someone else said the hilton said that 1k is just the temp limit till activation and it went up to 3 or 5k for that person. It was also in a notice they sent. If not, just wait and on the 61st day ask for a 3x CLI. 

Message 14 of 56
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

I got a bunch of inquires by applying for 3 auto loans in the last 2 years (approved for all 3) and also not following the advice here and applying for a ton of cards.  I had low-mid 400 scores with 0 cards March 2015 and here it is June 2016 with way higher scores.  I think I am making good progress.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 15 of 56
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CostantinoA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your new cards! I have both with SL of $2000 each. Unfortunately, there is no back door number to increase the clis. For new account holders, you will not be able to ask for an increase until after 60 days of account opening. Amex wants to see usage and account history first.

As for the cash back cards, they are harder to get. But, again, its YMMV. But, if your starting limits were $1000, that means you had a borderline approval. You might want to wait on those.

You may be able to request a charge card now. I applied for the Green charge card the same time I applied for the others, and was approved.

Good luck!!😊

Sorry but what does YMMV mean?  I bet it is because of my inquires.  I have almost 100 on experian.  If I charge 5k on each card each month, how do you think they will respond with that?  I want to show heavy usage and stop using most of my current cards.

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

They probably seen that you have a credit addict problem and would like to see how you maintain the revolver before extended a card that must be PIF each month. 100 inquiries is huge and says you have a problem, but hey, who am I to judge Smiley Happy 

Gratz on the approval. The smallest limit I have seen was $250 in someone's siggy. I suggest you call when you get the card. Someone else said the hilton said that 1k is just the temp limit till activation and it went up to 3 or 5k for that person. It was also in a notice they sent. If not, just wait and on the 61st day ask for a 3x CLI. 

Thank you!  Yeah. I am additcted.  My mother was born in 1949.  She has never had a late.... She has a score over 820.  I want to get there in time.  The lowest my score was I believe was like 420 range.  I believe I am making amazing progress in the little over a year :-)  I had over 200 negitives across 3 reports and now only 25.

Message 16 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, great job. Best advice you will get is to stop applying and maybe thin the heard of cards. You need to grow your AAoA which will help you the most with your score. As well as bring down your Utilization to 1-9%. For higher score, 1-4%. It looks bad that you have 34 cards that make up only 27k. If you have that much money, maybe you should hire Lexington Law to start taking those negatives off. or do it yourself. Keep up the good work.

Message 17 of 56
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Lexington is the one that got off most of those negatives already. I still have them retained and they are working on getting the rest off. Smiley Happy yeah I need to pay off the utilization. That number is my current UT. I will have it paid to 0 before the statements hit. Smiley Happy. I can see both sides of the 34 cards with only 27k but when I was at the dealer the other day, he looked at my report and said that was a selling point to the underwriters that I have that many open positive accounts reporting monthly. He said it is helping. Who knows though. He is a dealer lol. Trying to make a call sale. By the end of the year, I will have 6 inquires less than 1 years and 10 less than 2 years on each report only. All the other ones will be be removed. I am expecting a nice score increase .
Message 18 of 56
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Yeah you got a lot if inquiries but big deal right? What's done is done so why dwell on it. There's always more to a story than what appears on the surface. I had to assume there was an auto loan or two in there and sure enough you confirmed three, those can add a lot, it happens.

What's important is your learning like most people the inner working of credit. Inquiries are temporary stings that heal and go away. The amazing thing is getting rid of 175 negatives in a short time. Your doing very well and as you learn and gain knowledge you'll get better and better cards, limits and terms oh yeah and scores too. You've got a goal, just stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize. Congrats and good luck.
Message 19 of 56
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Thank you "creditguy". I have learned so much from this group. I have went about things in a different way that most of in the group approve of but my results show maybe their advice is a one size fits all lol. My goal by the end of the year is 700 on at least 1 of my reports. Starting out with over 200 negatives and a low credit score of low 400 range and not one line of credit, I have excelled. There are two capital one cards that is reporting monthly as late. I know those are brining me down as they are also reporting double the credit limit. They big drop off the end of this year. I know with the inquires dropping off the end of this year, my continued payments on a bunch of accounts and the capital one cards falling off, I should be golden Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.