Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express EMV Chip For Most Cards

tag
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX PR Gold EMV Chip!

@TheSpeculator wrote:
Just got denied again. Said it was not available to this card type. I asked if it was due to low spend and that was his reply. Hmmm

Wow, that sucks.  Very interesting to know the reps have the option to use their discretion. I wonder what qualifies / disqualifies a person.

On another note, Here's the list so far for cards that are eligible for the EMV chip:

Platinum

PR Gold

Gold (Regular)

SPG

BCE

Any missing?

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 31 of 212
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Delta cards?
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 32 of 212
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I placed a call to Platinum Customer Service and was told that all cards are available except Delta and Costco TE...

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 33 of 212
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I just ordered mine on the PRG. Told no go on Delta.
Message 34 of 212
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@TheSpeculator wrote:
Dang. I called now and they said its not available for my PRG. May be due to the low spend I out on the card...

What is considered as "low spending" on the PRG?  Like 300~400bucks a month?  I've always wonder about this.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 35 of 212
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

$2712 Thus far this year. Not evenly distributed throughout.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 36 of 212
minipoly1
Contributor

My BCE is eligible. I've had this card for less than 2 months and put 2K in it so far

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Message 37 of 212
Joebunaga
New Contributor

Just tried to get chipped with my Jetblue, they said it wasn't available and that they are doing the corporate cards first. Meh.

I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out.

FICO(Barclay1\22\15) TU: 798 | FICO EX: 780 | FICO EQ(2\12\15):808 | In the Garden from 5/8/14 until ???
UFCU Visa $5k | Cap1 QS $10K | Jetblue Amex $18K | CSP $6.5K | Amex Green (NPSL) | Chase Freedom $18k | Sallie Mae WMC $15.5k| BoA 1-2-3 Visa $7.5k | Amex Everyday $16k | Amex Fidelity $10k |
Message 38 of 212
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

Just for $@!ts and Giggles, I chatted with Amex online to see how updated & knowledgeable their CSRs are. The CSR said only the Platinum Card has the EMV.

When i'm free i'll keep chatting and asking to see what they say each time. Maybe this will make them more proactive to knowing their own products!

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/?inav=menu_cards_pc_chargecreditcard

On the lower right side of the page there is a chat button. Try it out! =)

Edit: Make sure you clear your cookies, use a new browser, or use a private browser, otherwise the chat feature won't pop up (it's intended to help new customers only).

Message 39 of 212
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info.I just requested mine.  They told me that I cannot change back to non-EMV once I upgrade. The card will come ih the mail by Sept 14 .

Ron. 

Message 40 of 212
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.