cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Easiest to Hardest Card To Get??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Easiest to Hardest Card To Get??????

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish you well, but I think you fail to understand all the great wisdom that has replied to your thread. You have tossed out some of the best guidance on this entire site, just to go throw yourself at lenders for 1-5k in credit on a single card..

Its easy to rebuild to a point to get approvals, its hard to understand even tho you have a 600's score..it still sucks... Take the advice from those here and just wait it out...I got my 3 cards I wanted, now I am settling in for a good 2 year stent of gardening.

Just wait...for the sake of credit gods Smiley Happy

Congrats on your 2016 goal Hammer! 

Message 31 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:

I understand. I was just approved for Citi double cash 2k limit. What I don't understand is people here say you've can't get approved with a bunch of inquires with low score but I am getting approvals on prime cards. The issue with the low average limits is that I have some store cards that are 100, 200 and 5 at 250. That is what is killing my average.  I might close them if I get the Propel Amex I was pre approved for. 

If you get rid of those 7 store cards (the ones you listed above) that will leave you with 28k in credit with 28 cards = $1000 avg per card. 

Message 32 of 50
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@CostantinoA wrote:

I understand. I was just approved for Citi double cash 2k limit. What I don't understand is people here say you've can't get approved with a bunch of inquires with low score but I am getting approvals on prime cards. The issue with the low average limits is that I have some store cards that are 100, 200 and 5 at 250. That is what is killing my average.  I might close them if I get the Propel Amex I was pre approved for. 

If you get rid of those 7 store cards (the ones you listed above) that will leave you with 28k in credit with 28 cards = $1000 avg per card. 

for being just a girl you get it lol - low cl's and high apr's are nothing to be thrilled about imo but opinions and situations vary

Message 33 of 50
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

I understand.  Everyone here does Moynihan have the exact way Fico is caculated but they have a good educated guess. I just took a different approach. This episode stats do NOT includ the new 2k limit.  03-2015, I had low 400 score and zero cards or loans or anything. A bunch has changed in a little over a year . 

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 34 of 50
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

A bunch of people here said I won't get approved for my 61 Amex 3x limit. Well, we will see. That is a aug 3.  I have put 5k on each of the 3 cards in last 30 days and have 0 balances on all 3

Message 35 of 50
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@CostantinoA wrote:

A bunch of people here said I won't get approved for my 61 Amex 3x limit. Well, we will see. That is a aug 3.  I have put 5k on each of the 3 cards in last 30 days and have 0 balances on all 3

3 thoughts come to mind;  you are more interested in doing it your way that taking sage advice and you will not bag a card with a high limit with a low apr for a long time going about this the way you are.  final thought is if you are happy then that is all that matters.

Message 36 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I have to agree with pretty much everyone on here. OP, you seem to want to play like this is a game to you, ho many cards can I app for and get approved. It is not about the number of cards that you have, it is about the quality of cards and what each card does for you. People on here have been trying to help you out but you do not seem to want to listen or hear them.  Just because you have 35 cards, 7 paid off auto loans, and so on ans so forth, does not that your credit is great. If you would stop applying, allow the inquiries to fall off, use whatever cards that you have that can actually grow with you and do it correctly, in a short period of time you could be getting approved for those $20k + cards that you mentioned. On the other hand, if you just keep applying for cards just to see how many you can get, you are going to hurt those chances of getting the approvals you want.

Message 37 of 50
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

I am a very open minded person.  I have 7 years of college completed and working on my 8th year this fall.  I always try and think there is a better way.  I saw an article.  I can not link to it because of the rules but Google the Time Money Article where the guy as a near perfect score and he has 1,497 Credit Cards.  It was dated 01-04-16.  I am willing to take advise but I say it again, 0 credit cards, 0 loans and 0 autos 03-2015 and now almost 32k in credit, 2 auto loans and such.  I had low 400 FICO and now low 600 in a year.  200 point jump is not bad in a little over a year.  I have to be doing something right.  My cards are increasing my limts.  Started out 500 QS and now 2000, Macys was 300 and now 1700, Walmart was 400 now 3500, Amazon was 600 now 3500.  And the list goes on.  Most people do not know 100% how FICO works.  When I see a guy that has 1497 credit cards and I am sure other lines of credit and a "near perfect score", that interests me very much.

Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:

I am a very open minded person.  I have 7 years of college completed and working on my 8th year this fall.  I always try and think there is a better way.  I saw an article.  I can not link to it because of the rules but Google the Time Money Article where the guy as a near perfect score and he has 1,497 Credit Cards.  It was dated 01-04-16.  I am willing to take advise but I say it again, 0 credit cards, 0 loans and 0 autos 03-2015 and now almost 32k in credit, 2 auto loans and such.  I had low 400 FICO and now low 600 in a year.  200 point jump is not bad in a little over a year.  I have to be doing something right.  My cards are increasing my limts.  Started out 500 QS and now 2000, Macys was 300 and now 1700, Walmart was 400 now 3500, Amazon was 600 now 3500.  And the list goes on.  Most people do not know 100% how FICO works.  When I see a guy that has 1497 credit cards and I am sure other lines of credit and a "near perfect score", that interests me very much.

So, you're impressed by some guy who has that many cards? I've 10 cards and it's sometimes a little overwhelming to manage those. You've done well with some and foolish with others. BTW, the more you obsess about the "perfect" score, the more likely you'll be turned down for what you really want.

Also, you've 37 cards and 32k in CL? I'm at 10 with 23K and that's not including the AMEX Platinum with the NPSL.

IMHO, you're going overboard trying to "play the game". You'll get burned if you're not careful.

Message 39 of 50
Samac
Regular Contributor

90 inquires... Over 200 negatives .... 35 credit cards with 30k limit.

I'm saying this with all the love in my heart. STOP IT. NO MORE CREDIT.
Grow what you have. And ditch your subprime cards. Watch that score rise.
Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.