Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Email Offer

tag
drewrico
New Contributor

American Express Email Offer

Sorry, Im a night owl so ill leave this question here for everyone in the morning.

I got an email offer from American Express to apply for the BCE. Do these offers mean anything? Have they already soft pulled my credit and then sent the email? Should I apply? I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but ill ask it again.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Email Offer

Not really.... these emails get sent to all members and worst of all you get offers for cards that you already have. Recently got an offer for BCP and this explained everything. Why should I app for a 2nd BCP ?

Edit: and yesterday got the offer for BCE Smiley Surprised having the BCP

Message 2 of 6
drewrico
New Contributor

I dont have any cards with Amex right now. Not a member at all. I did cardmatch and it also offered the bce.

Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

If preapprovals don't necessarily mean that you'll get approved then offers mean even less.

Message 4 of 6
jk26978
Regular Contributor

I too received one of those emails last night and I have never had any accounts with AMEX - it was for the same card that pops up here on MyFico as well.

Strange......if I thought that there was even the slightest chance of approval I would jump on it in a heartbeat but I know better than to even attempt to apply with them for at least 6-7 more years.  Especially when cardmatch only gives me First Premier and prepaid cards as offers.

Still nice to get the offer though

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 5 of 6
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

These are marketing emails sent by Amex when you sign up to receive their email offers, regardless whether or not you are a card member. These are not pre-approvals, but an invitation for you to apply. I received the same email even though I already have the BCE.
Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.