Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Financial Review

tag
mgeorges
Valued Member

American Express Financial Review

I was FR'ed last yr and i dont want to cooperate and i was wondering if the financial review goes away?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express Financial Review

Welcome to the forums!

No, it will not go away. If Amex asks you to do another FR, you must agree, or they will shut you down.

Message 2 of 16
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Unfortunately theres no way around it whatsoever. Also, if you decide to close the account and reapply, they will demand a 4506 tax form and a letter from a broker, cpa, or attorney confirming your source of income and etc. If you ever end up in an FR again, be sure to cash in your MR points before you submit any forms or close the account.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 3 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Amex meet Ben Dover.
Message 4 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They pulled the same stunt on me couple of months ago and I told them to close all 3 accounts I have with Amex. Just not worth the headache.

Message 5 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

As the others have stated, if you do not wish to comply, they will promptly close all of your Amex accounts.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

They pulled the same stunt on me couple of months ago and I told them to close all 3 accounts I have with Amex. Just not worth the headache.

Not worth the headache? Didn't you recently try to reopen all 3 accounts concord?  :smileytongue:

Here we go again...
Message 7 of 16
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

WoW,

My head is spinning. Concord, you just told someone it is a headache and not worth it. Do you ever review your posts about AX ?

I don't have a clue where you stand on this, based on your own posts.

CI

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

Not worth the headache? Didn't you recently try to reopen all 3 accounts concord?  :smileytongue:

Message 8 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@CHARGE_IT wrote:

WoW,

My head is spinning. Concord, you just told someone it is a headache and not worth it. Do you ever review your posts about AX ?

CI

I think in my case I over reacted for the FR. After closing the accounts I talked to Amex again and explained my issue with CLD on my Oasis card turned to Blue and that they have issued the card with out requirements for Credit Approval. They asked me to apply back again. I got the Business Gold couple of weeks ago and last week I converted it to Platinum Business Charge Card. I also applied back for the Plum and waiting for the decision which I might know in the next couple of days or so. I am primarily using the card for CreditSecure subscription and pretty much sock drawer the card.

Message 9 of 16
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@CHARGE_IT wrote:

WoW,

CI

I think in my case I over reacted for the FR. After closing the accounts I talked to Amex again and explained my issue with CLD on my Oasis card turned to Blue and that they have issued the card with out requirements for Credit Approval.

I have some people going through AmEx / Oasis issues and your comment caught my attention.

Did you enter the Oasis program and during your time in the program they AA'd you?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.