cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Financial Review?

tag
Chris1

American Express Financial Review?

I applied for the CSP and AMEX BCE this month and was approved for both. I then tried my luck and tried to get two Chase Ink business cards. I was declined for both (even after recon 3 times) and Chase also triple pulled for the two applications. They pulled Experian twice for the business applications, and pulled Equifax once and transunion once. 

So now Experian has a total of 17 inquires in 24 months, with include 4 hard pulls this month (3 from Chase, 1 from AMEX), and 8 in the last 12 months. 

I never carry a balance and always PIF, which I intend to do with the BCE once I activate it. 

Current overall util for all my credit cards is at 9% and have absolutely no derogatory info/late payments on my credit file.

What are the chances AMEX will do a fiancial review because of the 3 additional inquires fom Chase this month?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Financial Review?

@Chris1 wrote:

What are the chances AMEX will do a fiancial review because of the 3 additional inquires fom Chase this month?

Based on this alone?  Zero.

If anything, if you score well on their various risk scores, inquiries and accounts with Chase will qualify you for more bonuses.

PS - If Amex values your spending and you're a long tenured cardmember, Chase on your CR will only benefit with your dealings with Amex via retention bonuses.

Message 2 of 6
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

You better call Amex and just cancel your card now or they will!!!

NO. I doubt they really care at all.

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 3 of 6
Open123
Super Contributor

@E150GT wrote:

You better call Amex and just cancel your card now or they will!!!

NO. I doubt they really care at all.

Right, for anything under $1,000 per month on their cards, unless it's fraud or ID concerns, Amex couldn't care less, so long as the cardmember has a pulse.

Message 4 of 6
gpfirestone
New Contributor

zero also.  no one cares how many times you apply for ccs.  if you're not charging minium 10k a month on your card you're not going to get a FR

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 5 of 6
Chris1

Thanks guys. I do expect to spend $1000 on the AMEX (to get the bonus statement credit) but that will probably be $400 first month and $600 in the second month. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.