Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 52
Registered: ‎05-26-2009
0

American Express Financial Review

I was FR'ed last yr and i dont want to cooperate and i was wondering if the financial review goes away?
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,375
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: American Express Financial Review

Welcome to the forums!

 

No, it will not go away. If Amex asks you to do another FR, you must agree, or they will shut you down.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Established Contributor
Posts: 805
Registered: ‎05-11-2007
0

Re: American Express Financial Review

Unfortunately theres no way around it whatsoever. Also, if you decide to close the account and reapply, they will demand a 4506 tax form and a letter from a broker, cpa, or attorney confirming your source of income and etc. If you ever end up in an FR again, be sure to cash in your MR points before you submit any forms or close the account.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: American Express Financial Review

Amex meet Ben Dover.
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: American Express Financial Review

They pulled the same stunt on me couple of months ago and I told them to close all 3 accounts I have with Amex. Just not worth the headache.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: American Express Financial Review

As the others have stated, if you do not wish to comply, they will promptly close all of your Amex accounts.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: American Express Financial Review


concorduser wrote:

They pulled the same stunt on me couple of months ago and I told them to close all 3 accounts I have with Amex. Just not worth the headache.


Not worth the headache? Didn't you recently try to reopen all 3 accounts concord?  :smileytongue:

Here we go again...
Regular Contributor
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎07-13-2008
0

Re: American Express Financial Review

WoW,

My head is spinning. Concord, you just told someone it is a headache and not worth it. Do you ever review your posts about AX ?

 

I don't have a clue where you stand on this, based on your own posts.

 

CI


FretlessMayhem wrote:

concorduser wrote:

They pulled the same stunt on me couple of months ago and I told them to close all 3 accounts I have with Amex. Just not worth the headache.


Not worth the headache? Didn't you recently try to reopen all 3 accounts concord?  :smileytongue:


 

 
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: American Express Financial Review


CHARGE_IT wrote:

WoW,

My head is spinning. Concord, you just told someone it is a headache and not worth it. Do you ever review your posts about AX ?

 

I don't have a clue where you stand on this, based on your own posts.

 

CI


I think in my case I over reacted for the FR. After closing the accounts I talked to Amex again and explained my issue with CLD on my Oasis card turned to Blue and that they have issued the card with out requirements for Credit Approval. They asked me to apply back again. I got the Business Gold couple of weeks ago and last week I converted it to Platinum Business Charge Card. I also applied back for the Plum and waiting for the decision which I might know in the next couple of days or so. I am primarily using the card for CreditSecure subscription and pretty much sock drawer the card.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 322
Registered: ‎11-15-2008
0

Re: American Express Financial Review


concorduser wrote:

CHARGE_IT wrote:

WoW,

My head is spinning. Concord, you just told someone it is a headache and not worth it. Do you ever review your posts about AX ?

 

I don't have a clue where you stand on this, based on your own posts.

 

CI


I think in my case I over reacted for the FR. After closing the accounts I talked to Amex again and explained my issue with CLD on my Oasis card turned to Blue and that they have issued the card with out requirements for Credit Approval.


 

I have some people going through AmEx / Oasis issues and your comment caught my attention.

 

Did you enter the Oasis program and during your time in the program they AA'd you?

 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.