Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Financial Review

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Financial Review

@Underh20 wrote:

I have some people going through AmEx / Oasis issues and your comment caught my attention.

Did you enter the Oasis program and during your time in the program they AA'd you?

This is what happend. I entered into oasis program. They issued the card with $5k Cl.After 14 months I asked them to see if the card can be converted to clear. They converted it to clear. Few days later they reduced my CL from $5k to $1k. I wanted to get the CL back and pressed the CLI button two times. That initated the FR and they suspended all my cards and asked for my tax returns. It made me more mad and I told them to close all my cards. Once things cooled down, I talked to Amex again and they said to go ahead and apply back again. I got the card back but I lost the thrill and excitment of having the card with all the hassle I had to go through. I always paid in fu ll and never late on any card. I think Amex CSR should not have converted the oasis card to any other card as initially I was told the card can not change and I have to apply for a new card after 12 months of having oasis card. I am not sure why Amex CSR's convert the card to a different card and then let customers get into this kind of situation. Any way I am not going to loose much sleep over this card. It is nice to have but not a necessity. I am glad I got one of my cards back. I am working getting other 2 back again.

Message 11 of 16
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Underh20 wrote:

I have some people going through AmEx / Oasis issues and your comment caught my attention.

Did you enter the Oasis program and during your time in the program they AA'd you?

This is what happend. I entered into oasis program. They issued the card with $5k Cl.After 14 months I asked them to see if the card can be converted to clear. They converted it to clear. Few days later they reduced my CL from $5k to $1k. I wanted to get the CL back and pressed the CLI button two times. That initated the FR and they suspended all my cards and asked for my tax returns. It made me more mad and I told them to close all my cards. Once things cooled down, I talked to Amex again and they said to go ahead and apply back again. I got the card back but I lost the thrill and excitment of having the card with all the hassle I had to go through. I always paid in fu ll and never late on any card. I think Amex CSR should not have converted the oasis card to any other card as initially I was told the card can not change and I have to apply for a new card after 12 months of having oasis card. I am not sure why Amex CSR's convert the card to a different card and then let customers get into this kind of situation. Any way I am not going to loose much sleep over this card. It is nice to have but not a necessity. I am glad I got one of my cards back. I am working getting other 2 back again.

I guess my interest at this point is with the Oasis program.  Do you think it's possible for AmEx to accept someone in the Oasis program and then after whatever period of time AA them for something other than poor conduct of the cardholder -- sort of like they are doing these days to their other cardholders?
Message 12 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Underh20 wrote:
I guess my interest at this point is with the Oasis program.  Do you think it's possible for AmEx to accept someone in the Oasis program and then after whatever period of time AA them for something other than poor conduct of the cardholder -- sort of like they are doing these days to their other cardholders?

Any thing is possible with Amex. You can never tell. I heard few days ago they cancelled Oasis card and for another poster they refused to upgrade the card or issue a new card. Search this forum posts you'll find them.

Message 13 of 16
mgeorges
Valued Member

how about if i dont have a cpa or accountant?
Message 14 of 16
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

@mgeorges wrote:
how about if i dont have a cpa or accountant?

You'll have to hire either a CPA, broker or attorney. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 15 of 16
mgeorges
Valued Member

amex is so friggen strict wtf do they need to see my tax returns if i never missed a payment and i had the platinum card and i always paid on time
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.