American Express Geez

tag
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

Re: American Express Geez

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jarrodpd wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

After nearly three years, I get a letter in the mail for Select & Pay Later (Pay over time).  Not that I plan on using it, but I wanted to have it available.  So I call Amex to ask some questions about the APR which is 18.49% and if they're offering any bonus points for accepting.  They said no to bonus points and the APR is set at the time of offer.  I then look around the site at other options.  I had requested a CLI on one of my BCP's a couple of weeks ago which was denied.  I click on update income to see what they had.  Why did they have my annual income at $11,500.  I asked the csr because they were still on the phone with me at this time, what income did they use for my CLI request.  My actual income is $115,000.  The edit income features says my income was updated on January 6, 2016.  I have no idea how it got to be $11,500 but I would have thought that with over $600,000 on an annual income of $11,500, they would have closed everything I had with Amex.  The csr updated my income and processed another CLI request and said to call back in 48 business hours.  This if awfully strange.  I know I didn't miss a zero when I requested a CLI.  That just makes no sense that they would over me this new feature with what I have with Amex on an annual salary of $11,500. 

I keep gradually upping my salary though my actual yearly bring home is less than what is than $11.5k (college student) and I was sent the letter saying they were turning on POT, Im surprised they havent asked me to prove my income with appropriate documents. I have had Amex since October 2014 and to date have charged $27k across my three cards which if far more than I actually make, im able to do this by getting reimbursed by my parents for large purchases I make on their behalf.

So if your actual income is 11.5k, then what do you report on your credit card applications? Also, may I know your age? (you said you were a college student) 

Sorry for the late response, My actual take home based off of last year was $8,300, this year my income will be up higher as I got a new job and make tips so I should be more so in the ball park of $13/14K so that will allow me to raise limits hopefully after I get my chase card paid down to $0. I claim about $3k more than I make just on the basis that I do make purchases for my parents and also my mom has an AU card on my account. I just turned 21 two weeks ago.

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Geez

Good for you. As long as you are responsible I see nothing wrong with reporting household income, especially when half the time it says report all income available to you to pay the bill.

Just remember anything over 25k on an Amex they will more than likely request 4506-T forms and you'd have to include theirs too.

As far as POT I wanted the feature just to have it. I'll never use it but in the event I wanted to buy something big and have a few days extra to move money it would be worth it. (or if your bestie flakes on paying their portion of a cruise) Then again I'd like to test the waters on my Commerce bank vs or amtrak WMC as they both report as flexible spending. Who am I kidding I'm not ever charging more than my limit!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.