Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Gold preselected

tag
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

American Express Gold preselected

I have burned Amex in the past (about 8 years ago). But surprisingly, I have been receiving preselected offers from them. (Green, Delta etc).  The latest offer was Amex Gold. I would love to get back with them, but not sure if I would get approved because of my past history with them.  Any thoughts?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: American Express Gold preselected

@tennisfan78 wrote:

I have burned Amex in the past (about 8 years ago). But surprisingly, I have been receiving preselected offers from them. (Green, Delta etc).  The latest offer was Amex Gold. I would love to get back with them, but not sure if I would get approved because of my past history with them.  Any thoughts?

If your debt with AMEX was unpaid then it is possible that you are blacklisted.   Sometimes people with old, unpaid debt can get back in with AMEX without having to pay ~ but many times that's not the case.    If you apply for a new card and are on the blacklist, you'll be instantly denied, without them pulling your credit.    There's really no way to know for certain until you apply....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

If your debt with AMEX was unpaid then it is possible that you are blacklisted.   Sometimes people with old, unpaid debt can get back in with AMEX without having to pay ~ but many times that's not the case.    If you apply for a new card and are on the blacklist, you'll be instantly denied, without them pulling your credit.    There's really no way to know for certain until you apply....

+1 and if the debt is paid and you still get denied then give a call. I read success stories to where they get approved after talked to a CSR

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 7
beb86
Valued Contributor

Amex maybe a little tricky now if you have an (un)paid debt with them with all the current lawsuits 

Message 4 of 7
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

Amex maybe a little tricky now if you have an (un)paid debt with them with all the current lawsuits 

Can you please explain a little. why is it tricky?

EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Message 5 of 7
beb86
Valued Contributor

oasis question

this is why...AMEX is in a lawsuit right now

Message 6 of 7
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

oasis question

this is why...AMEX is in a lawsuit right now

oh ok. thanks

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.