Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Green... Call?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Express Green... Call?

Can't believe I'm about to say or ask about American Express Green Speculation stuff but have not been dealing with Amex much and they have changed a lot.

Friend is looking to try to get in with Amex and stuff... Thought Green would be good choice and after going through it says call this number and speak to credit right now for instant approval... ugh they closed 45 minutes ago, so call in AM.

Part that I can't believe I even think is... Is this a confirm new address and contact and such, or is this like we need to hear about employer and we need to call employer and possibly see pay stubs... or... all the way to full on tax check?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Green... Call?

I think its only for address verification, it happened to me and I was approved

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

You were correct... AND the call was sent overseas which surprised me a bit... but either way, confirm you applied for "Green", confirm phone and address and what and how the card shows and spells name and a few minutes of the sound of someone trying to move through menu's and make it dramatic that all of a sudden... like you want this card? why? "WELL THEN, CONGRATULATIONS WELCOME TO AMERICAN EXPRESS FAMILY!"

haha.

Message 3 of 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

You were correct... AND the call was sent overseas which surprised me a bit... but either way, confirm you applied for "Green", confirm phone and address and what and how the card shows and spells name and a few minutes of the sound of someone trying to move through menu's and make it dramatic that all of a sudden... like you want this card? why? "WELL THEN, CONGRATULATIONS WELCOME TO AMERICAN EXPRESS FAMILY!"

haha.

Whohoo!! Congrats to them!!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

SO SO hoping they send score because last time he saw score was with the Navy Approval and it was a 605 on TU.  As soon as that account was opened he combined ALL his accounts to Navy, taking him from a 98% Util down to 100% on 1 card (navy) and 0% on all other... think 5, maybe 6 accounts.

Message 5 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.