cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Green Card Financial Review Concern....

tag
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

American Express Green Card Financial Review Concern....

JUST GOT A CALL FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS CONFIRMING MY ADDRESS AND SHE APPROVED ME FOR THE AMERICAN EXPRESS GREEN CARD!!!

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW HAPPY I AM TO FINALLY HAVE AN AMERICAN EXPRESS!!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Green Card

In the infamous voice of Morpheus, "Welcome... to the real world."

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 2 of 14
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you! Nice place to start and gets you into the habit of paying your credit cards bills in full monthly and curb spending.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 14
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

My only concern is......

About 3 years ago i was put under financial review and i closed my card, i am wondering if now i make my first purchase and they put me under financial review?

Has this ever happened to anyone or do you think it will happen?

Message 4 of 14
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Do not worry about it.

As long as you have been honest with them on everything, enjoy the use of the card!

I think the FR is way over rated here. If you have something to hide or you were not honest with them when you app'd, then yes, be concerned.

Otherwise - use the heck out of the card and build your relationship!!!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@birjest wrote:

In the infamous voice of Morpheus, "Welcome... to the real world."

You Geek Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Green Card Financial Review Concern....

Congrats !!

Message 7 of 14
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Do not worry about it.

As long as you have been honest with them on everything, enjoy the use of the card!

I think the FR is way over rated here. If you have something to hide or you were not honest with them when you app'd, then yes, be concerned.

Otherwise - use the heck out of the card and build your relationship!!!  Smiley Happy

Ray

I was honest... but do you think they will FR me then?

Message 8 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Dont worry too much about the Amex FR. Just give them what they ask. When they did first FR, I closed all the cards like you did. Later I reapplied. After few days they did FR and I gave them all the papers. They put hard limits on my account for 12 months and then they removed the limits and  restored my preset spending limit. It just that people worry too much about it. As long as you make ontime payments and dont apply for too many new accounts you are fine. By the way congrats on your new card.

Message 9 of 14
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@timmis1127 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Do not worry about it.

Ray

I was honest... but do you think they will FR me then?

Any answer you get to this is likely to be very much speculation.  What was the reason they FR'd you last time?  Did they tell you, do you have any ideas?  If you know of a certain risky behavior that triggered the first FR, then maybe there's a chance they'll resume that process since it sounds like you canceled your card rather than complete the review.  But who knows?  For the most part, I wouldn't worry about it.  It's out of your control. If it happens, decide if you want to complete the process this time around, and if not, cancel the card again.  Carry a backup card for some additional insurance.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.