Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Green Card or BCE

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

American Express Green Card or BCE

Which amex card is easier to get approved for? Amex Green or BCE? 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Green Card or BCE

@mattayy wrote:

From what I've read, the charge cards are easier to get, but then again it all depends on your scores and AAoA.  So you might want to supply that information and then some of the experts can help you more.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 19
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Amex Green or BCE

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 19
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Green or BCE

@mattayy wrote:

I believe most would say the Green. For their revolvers, anecdotally I've heard the "easiest" of the bunch has been their Delta Gold.  Actually was my first Amex (which i've since PC'd to another revolver). 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 3 of 19
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

@mattayy wrote:

I believe most would say the Green. For their revolvers, anecdotally I've heard the "easiest" of the bunch has been their Delta Gold.  Actually was my first Amex (which i've since PC'd to another revolver). 

+1   all charge cards have the same underwriting requirements and acecdotally some say that it's easier to get than the revolers.  IMHO, i don't think any AMEX is easy to get, it took me close to 10 tries to get my foot in the door. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

I think a 615 isn't going to get you to green... wait until you are up over 640 at least.

Message 6 of 19
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mattayy wrote:

I think a 615 isn't going to get you to green... wait until you are up over 640 at least.

Agreed.  If that's a lender pull and EX 08 model, you're not quite there yet.  Looking at your cards, you've got small limits with the exception of the Macy's card.  AMEX likes to see at least one other major bank card with a limit of $5k or greater.  While the underwriting for the charge cards is more relaxed than the revolvers, AMEX is still not very easy to get in comparison with some other issuers.  Considering scores only, you'll probably need at least a 660-680 to get in with AMEX charge. 

Message 7 of 19
newUser0
Established Contributor

Try Green only if you have had atleast one year of good credit history and no baddies. 

Else It's a waste of HP I guess.

Message 8 of 19
MadDscientist

The green is easier to get I've seen some collehe kids on this forum get approved after only 6mos of history. But try the preapproval tool and see what cards pop up.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card?inav=footer_cards_personal#!view-your-special-offers

√Wells Fargo college cashback [$800]
√Discover it [$3.5k]

√Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.
Message 9 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@MadDscientist wrote:

The green is easier to get I've seen some collehe kids on this forum get approved after only 6mos of history. But try the preapproval tool and see what cards pop up.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card?inav=footer_cards_personal#!view-your-special-offers

Same UW for charge cards.  College kids might be applying for Green due to lower AF. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.