Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Green card

tag
kaybub
New Contributor

American Express Green card

I keep getting letters in the mail that tells me that I have been selected to apply. What does this mean in their language? Approval or a Maybe?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Green card

I would say go to their main site first, to the "check to see for pre-qualified offers".....fill in your info, and see what it says. If it says, "Congratulations" you're preapproved/qualified for these cards" its usually spot on.

If it says We have found you some cards, or recommended or anything other than "congratulations, with a set APR"...dont take it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaybub wrote:

I keep getting letters in the mail that tells me that I have been selected to apply. What does this mean in their language? Approval or a Maybe?

It means they have soft pulled your report and your profile fits the kind of people they approve.  Most mailers are just marketing techniques to get you to apply.  A sure way to check is to go unto their site and see if it pops up there as pre-qualified.

All in all, it comes down to your credit profile.

Message 3 of 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

It simply means you've been selected to apply, nothing more nothing less. It's vague for a reason because nothing is guaranteed, even thier website prequalified offers are dubious at best. They used to be more reliable. The real question is will your profile support an approval? If you think so take a shot and apply, good luck.
Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kaybub wrote:

It's nothing, it's just a solicitation.

More importantly, is the American Express green card really worth anything to you? It's not a credit card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.