Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Help!

Your consumer credit bureau score from Experian is too low (See below) Amount of annual income listed on the application is insufficient or missing. Too many new accounts (Experian) Number, type, and recency of inquiries (Experian) Y our consumer credit bureau score mentioned above was determined using a scoring system that evaluated the information in your file at the consumer reporting agency named above. The following are the primary factors in your credit report that affected your credit bureau score: Length of time accounts have been established. Proportion of revolving balances to revolving credit limits is too high. Too many accounts with balances. Too many inquiries last 12 months. ---------------------------- That's the last time I applied for an American Express Blue Cash, it was December 12th, 2007. Since then my Experian score has increased to 691. I really really really need an American Express for my business because of their no-limits and awesome unlimited rewards. Has anyone recently gotten the Amex Delta Skymiles and used that to convert to a new card? I've heard that it's the easiest way... Also, is there any special way of getting a card because my income is about 20+ times higher than the average consumer (per month), no exaggeration. Any advice is appreciated...

Message Edited by bluebobbo on 01-19-2008 07:47 AM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Help!

Most CSRs will reccommend waitng at least six months before reapping.  thay have been known to reject subsequent apps based on info in previous puplls even though the info on the report has changed.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOod news! I got accepted! I decided to take a shot and apply. I put 1 million as my annual income though and my score of 691 seemed to do it for the Blue Cash. So I guess they base highly on income and credit score! I'm so excited!

Message Edited by bluebobbo on 01-19-2008 07:39 PM
Message 3 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

What are you going to do when they ask you to verify the income?
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

bluebobbo wrote:
 I put 1 million as my annual income
ok mr trump, did they schedule your fr prior to or after they actually engraved your card?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 million for income?

I have to say, that is one retarded move. It's not going to help your scores when they cancel your account for lying about income.
Message 6 of 18
rred4
Regular Contributor

1 million dollars, why didn't I think of that.  If you make 1million bucks why do you need a credit card and why is your score so low

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 750(EQ) 746(TU)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 18
rred4
Regular Contributor

The following are the primary factors in your credit report that affected your credit bureau score: Length of time accounts have been established. Proportion of revolving balances to revolving credit limits is too high. Too many accounts with balances

This doesn't sound right for a millionaire.  I think some is just bored

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regardless of how much money you have, you need a credit card. It's convinient, you get rewards, and you have to have one to shop online.
Message 9 of 18
rred4
Regular Contributor

I know that I just trying to see were he is coming from.  Most people that have that type of money wouldn't need these the types of cards we discuss on this forum

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.