Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Member Since Date

tag
Blurbz
Contributor

American Express Member Since Date

I submitted a request to have my member since date updated to the date on which I was an authorized user.  I received a message from customer service saying that my request had been submitted and processed and that I'll get a new card within 9-12 days.  Is that all it takes?  When will I see the updated MSD on my Amex account page?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Member Since Date

It took me about 24 hours for the MSD to be reflected on my account page.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats all it takes. Mine was changed about 5 days after the 9-12 msg. Give it some time Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
Blurbz
Contributor

Awesome.  I'm just shocked that they can do it so quickly and painlessly, but I guess I've had some bad customer service experiences in the last few weeks (not with any CCs/Lenders, just merchants) and I was ready for another drawn out exchange.  Refreshing!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome! i asked about that yesterday when i can get my GPR upgrated to platinum and CSR said at the year mark and i will keep my MSD 14. 

oh yeah that will help boost my AAOA Smiley Very Happy

@Blurbz wrote:

I submitted a request to have my member since date updated to the date on which I was an authorized user.  I received a message from customer service saying that my request had been submitted and processed and that I'll get a new card within 9-12 days.  Is that all it takes?  When will I see the updated MSD on my Amex account page?

Message 5 of 15
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I just found out the other day that my parents made me an AU on one of their Amex cards back in 95 so I chatted with the CSR and the first one wasn't willing to help me and wanted the last 5 digits of my parents card number (they no longer have the cards for some time)  bla blah blah and said he couldn't do anything about it. Closed that chat and started with someon else, told him the same thing about being an AU back in 95 and he did something and said he submitted it sucessfully and it would take 5-7 business days, no mess just straight to the point. Now I will have an MSD of 95 instead of the 2000 I currently have. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 15
Blurbz
Contributor

Yeah, from looking at anecdota evidence on here and other forums, it looks like sometimes the customer service rep asks for verification and sometimes they do not.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blurbz wrote:

Awesome.  I'm just shocked that they can do it so quickly and painlessly, but I guess I've had some bad customer service experiences in the last few weeks (not with any CCs/Lenders, just merchants) and I was ready for another drawn out exchange.  Refreshing!

It was even quicker and more painless for me. It showed up automatically.

Message 8 of 15
Blurbz
Contributor

Yay! Mine changed this morning and I got an email saying my new card has shipped.  

Message 9 of 15
onstar
Established Contributor

@Blurbz wrote:

Yay! Mine changed this morning and I got an email saying my new card has shipped.  

Cool.

Mine took 2 days to show up online. Then the next day I got the cards.

I love Amex.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.