Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express No Pre-Set on Mobile App

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Express No Pre-Set on Mobile App

Online through website you can't see a pre-set limit on the charge accounts but when I logged in on the American Express Mobile app last night I actually saw a pre-set limit on our Plum Charge Card... Does anyone else see an actual limit when they log in through the mobile app for their charge cards?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express No Pre-Set on Mobile App

@Creditaddict wrote:

Online through website you can't see a pre-set limit on the charge accounts but when I logged in on the American Express Mobile app last night I actually saw a pre-set limit on our Plum Charge Card... Does anyone else see an actual limit when they log in through the mobile app for their charge cards?

Nope, mobile app for me gives me the ability to check just like regular site but no limit is set 

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Nope, mobile app for me gives me the ability to check just like regular site but no limit is set 

ODD, just logged in again and today it's gone... Last night in RED letters and numbers right under current balance it said pre-set limit and showed a limit!

I really don't understand why they can't just do something like that always!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

ODD, just logged in again and today it's gone... Last night in RED letters and numbers right under current balance it said pre-set limit and showed a limit!

I really don't understand why they can't just do something like that always!

That would be nice instead of having to check if a charge will be approved

Message 4 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya kinda dumb you gotta check, just say your charge will be approved up to x amt., vs. having to check lol.. Isn't that just alot easier?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya kinda dumb you gotta check, just say your charge will be approved up to x amt., vs. having to check lol.. Isn't that just alot easier?

I agree, and a decline could be embarrasing....Is there a way to phone in, to get clearance for a larger purchase, if it was not cleared online first?

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Nope tried that the other day and she asked permission to run a test charge... It was a waste of time... In the past you could... Maybe I just got a rep that didn't know about the department the handles it but it seems gone now
Message 7 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow. Wish mine had a limit. Asked for the Extended pay option or better known as pay over time yesterday. DENIED>  no matter. Getting axe end of year.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.