cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Oasis Recovery Card Help!

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Oasis Recovery Card Help!

Forgot to add that my friend paid them off in 2012 and by the end of the year the tradlines disapeared.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The card is gorgeous in my opinion. It looks like a charge card. It has a pretty blue background.

ahhh im so pressed to pay that small balance but I'm concerned it will trigger the original charge off and tradeline to be re-inserted on my CR since it was deleted 5years earlier than the fall off date of 2019. Just confused and dunno what to do...

If it was deleted early it could very well appear again all on it's own.

Message 32 of 36
sjt
Senior Contributor

Oasis Recovery updated information:

You can now request a CLI and apply for another card product after you have had the Oasis for a year without having to close the card. You are also eligible for Membership Rewards too.

The Oasis is becoming less of a step child Smiley Wink

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 33 of 36
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Damnnnn I wish I paid the balance on my account when I had that Optima offer but now it's no more available to me and idk who else to talk to smh

Message 34 of 36
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Mister,

Optima is still around.  YOu just need to get to the right person (in other words keep phoning until you reach someone who can set it up for you).  Take care.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 35 of 36
sjt
Senior Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Damnnnn I wish I paid the balance on my account when I had that Optima offer but now it's no more available to me and idk who else to talk to smh

With your scores you might qualify for Amex card outright.

Here are some numbers to call to verify Amex has your records updated and to see if you can get an Oasis Card:

1) 800-700-7619

2) 800-230-1284

3) 800-921-6490

Keep us posted!

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.