Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Oasis

tag
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

American Express Oasis

I had an AmEx CO in 2007 which I recently finished paying a settlement on. I was hoping we might get an invitation to regain card membership through the Oasis program, but I'm not sure whether it's still being offered or what the criteria would be to get the invitation.
Anyone have any (fairly recent) information on the program?
Thanks.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Oasis

They still have Amex Oasis. They offered my brother's Amex Optima Builder card earlier this year. I heard it is only for invitation.

Ron.

Message 2 of 26
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. I've heard that too. But I thought it might be worth asking for anyway. I just got a letter thanking me for settling and mentioning the 1099.
I read in another forum that because I've opted out I may not get the letter. Who knows.

Message 3 of 26
Lightdog555
New Contributor

I have been in it since jan of 2012. Was a bit difficult to set up but calling the oasis line on the top of the forums and you should be good to go. My limit is low but been using it very responsibly so my credit has seen a up tick.
Message 4 of 26
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

If you don't mind my asking, did your brother have to make a lump sum payment or was he able to make payments?
I'd really like to PIF given the opportunity to rebuild a relationship with them, but being self-employed, this wouldn't be the time for me to do it.

Message 5 of 26
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. Good to know it's still around.

Message 6 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

Hi,

This is Ron's brother. No. I did not have to make a lump sum payment. They will send you an application for the card as long as you have made payment arrangements with them and that you pay off the entire balance. However, if you owe them in more than one account, they will suspend your card until everything that you owe them is paid in full.

I hope that this helps you.
Message 7 of 26
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for your response. I think I'll just call and try my luck. I suppose I've got nothing to lose.

Message 8 of 26
beb86
Valued Contributor

you can follow my thread on the optima card here I received mine back in march.

Amex Oasis/ Optima

Message 9 of 26
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Beb86.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.