Reply
Regular Contributor
SFernandez13461
Posts: 231
Registered: ‎02-24-2011
0

Re: American Express Oasis

I tried calling a few times, and the final verdict is I am not invited and that's that. Kind of interesting. You'd think they would want to recover the rest of the money. Oh well.


Starting Scores: 10/9/10 EQ 632
Current Scores: (9/5/12) EX 761 EQ 657 TU 780
Derogs Removed: LVNV, Union Bank, EOS-CCA, Zenith Acquisitions, Marigold Financial, Credit Collection Services, California Business Bureau
Working On: Portfolio Recovery Associates, Midland Credit Management, Credit One
Established Contributor
sjt
Posts: 721
Registered: ‎05-05-2010
0

Re: American Express Oasis


Ron1 wrote:

They still have Amex Oasis. They offered my brother's Amex Optima Builder card earlier this year. I heard it is only for invitation.

 

 

Ron.


What is the difference between the Oasis Program and the Optima Builder Program?

New Contributor
Lightdog555
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: American Express Oasis

Try calling the executive line. I did and was able to get approved. My balance was just over 400 and my limit ended up being 500 on my current card. I would at least try for it. I defaulted on an account (secured optima ) back in 2000.
Valued Contributor
beb86
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: American Express Oasis


SFernandez13461 wrote:

I tried calling a few times, and the final verdict is I am not invited and that's that. Kind of interesting. You'd think they would want to recover the rest of the money. Oh well.


I just noticed that you said you just finished paying your settlement with them....thats the killer...in order to be considered for the optima card you have to pay back every penny in full.

ccpics2.jpg
Regular Contributor
SFernandez13461
Posts: 231
Registered: ‎02-24-2011
0

Re: American Express Oasis

I knew I would need to pay off the remaining balance which is what I offered to do. I just didn't realize having paid a settlement already would preclude me from participating in the future. Actually, I was misled about that when I agreed to the settlement in the first place.

Starting Scores: 10/9/10 EQ 632
Current Scores: (9/5/12) EX 761 EQ 657 TU 780
Derogs Removed: LVNV, Union Bank, EOS-CCA, Zenith Acquisitions, Marigold Financial, Credit Collection Services, California Business Bureau
Working On: Portfolio Recovery Associates, Midland Credit Management, Credit One
Established Contributor
sjt
Posts: 721
Registered: ‎05-05-2010
0

Re: American Express Oasis


SFernandez13461 wrote:
I knew I would need to pay off the remaining balance which is what I offered to do. I just didn't realize having paid a settlement already would preclude me from participating in the future. Actually, I was misled about that when I agreed to the settlement in the first place.

When you last called Amex about the Oasis they could have 1) Misunderstood what you were requesting or 2) Being extremely cautious given the recent fines they had to pay as a result of their collection practices.

 

I would call them again and clarify your request. If that fails then contact the executive offices.

Regular Contributor
SFernandez13461
Posts: 231
Registered: ‎02-24-2011
0

Re: American Express Oasis

I honestly didn't expect them to resist being paid in full, so initially I thought they misunderstood too. I explained it more than once. I'm sure they understood what I was requesting.

I'm wondering if it's related to the fines too. I had a Blue Sky, was charged the illegal late fees, and was misled about some of the terms of my settlement, although I knew what to expect thanks to these forums. Maybe they don't want to make any further attempts to collect on accounts like mine when they're already in hot water.

I've always read their customer service is pretty stellar, even among those customers who have experienced financial difficulties, so I was really surprised by their attitude. It was literally, "You are NOT invited to participate." Not exactly the response you expect when you're calling to arrange a payment.

It was pretty difficult to convince DH it might be worth the money to rebuild a relationship with them anyway. I don't know if I can persuade him it's worth trying again.

But if I do and I actually get anywhere, I'll post an update.

Thanks.


Starting Scores: 10/9/10 EQ 632
Current Scores: (9/5/12) EX 761 EQ 657 TU 780
Derogs Removed: LVNV, Union Bank, EOS-CCA, Zenith Acquisitions, Marigold Financial, Credit Collection Services, California Business Bureau
Working On: Portfolio Recovery Associates, Midland Credit Management, Credit One
Established Contributor
sjt
Posts: 721
Registered: ‎05-05-2010
0

Re: American Express Oasis


SFernandez13461 wrote:

I honestly didn't expect them to resist being paid in full, so initially I thought they misunderstood too. I explained it more than once. I'm sure they understood what I was requesting.

I'm wondering if it's related to the fines too. I had a Blue Sky, was charged the illegal late fees, and was misled about some of the terms of my settlement, although I knew what to expect thanks to these forums. Maybe they don't want to make any further attempts to collect on accounts like mine when they're already in hot water.

I've always read their customer service is pretty stellar, even among those customers who have experienced financial difficulties, so I was really surprised by their attitude. It was literally, "You are NOT invited to participate." Not exactly the response you expect when you're calling to arrange a payment.

It was pretty difficult to convince DH it might be worth the money to rebuild a relationship with them anyway. I don't know if I can persuade him it's worth trying again.

But if I do and I actually get anywhere, I'll post an update.

Thanks.


What department did you call? Was it the Oasis or was it a collection agency (NCO etc)

 

 

Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,462
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: American Express Oasis

Did they ever send you to offer you to regain membership?  Did your account sell to collection agency?  By the way, you need to pay off entire balance to get Optima Card. You cannot file BK in order to qualify for Optima Builder Card. 

 

 

Ron.

Regular Contributor
SFernandez13461
Posts: 231
Registered: ‎02-24-2011
0

Re: American Express Oasis

I understand you don't get the Optima builder card by settling for less than the full balance. I was trying to pay the remainder of the balance after settling in order to get the builder card.

I didn't get invited to the program. And I've never filed BK.


Starting Scores: 10/9/10 EQ 632
Current Scores: (9/5/12) EX 761 EQ 657 TU 780
Derogs Removed: LVNV, Union Bank, EOS-CCA, Zenith Acquisitions, Marigold Financial, Credit Collection Services, California Business Bureau
Working On: Portfolio Recovery Associates, Midland Credit Management, Credit One

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}