Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Oasis

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Oasis

You used to also be able to request the Oasis Program. I think the recent fines/settlements have changed that process.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 21 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

@SFernandez13461 wrote:

I understand you don't get the Optima builder card by settling for less than the full balance. I was trying to pay the remainder of the balance after settling in order to get the builder card.

I didn't get invited to the program. And I've never filed BK.

Did they sell your account to collection agency?  Did you pay your settlement to collection agency?  Is your account still belong to Amex?  They usually offer you an Optima Card when your account is still belong to Amex. It is too late once they sell your account to collection agency as write off. You won't be able to pay in full if you want.  Your name will stay on the blacklist forever or long time. You won't be able to get approved for personal, business even you get pre-approved.  Some will get through the crack after 10 years. Their name was erased from the list. By the way, you can get Amex Network from GE, Citi and Barclays.

Ron.

Message 22 of 26
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

It was still in house. And they were reporting the past due balance until they updated after my final payment. It was never assigned to an outside collection agency.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 23 of 26
Lightdog555
New Contributor

I think perhaps the fines Amex had to pay makes them extra careful on oasis. The more I think about it I don't think they ever applied or refunded my original $300. I defaulted but the default about was 200 and I last year paid them 450 or so. I wonder if they applied my $300 and I still owed 450 or if they just lost my 300. This was back in 2000 so I doubt they still have any record. When i called last year to get oasis all the reps I spoke to swore Amex never offered a secured card well back then they offered two optima and blue.
Message 24 of 26
slund5499
Established Contributor

For thew records, American Express Oasis program is no longer avaialble.

For those of you that want to confirm your blacklist criteria you need to call Account Services Research Depatment (1-800-700-7619).

They will be more than happy to research any previous AMEX accounts and let you know your options to settle the debt and re-open an AMEX account.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 25 of 26
sjt
Senior Contributor

@slund5499 wrote:

For thew records, American Express Oasis program is no longer avaialble.

For those of you that want to confirm your blacklist criteria you need to call Account Services Research Depatment (1-800-700-7619).

They will be more than happy to research any previous AMEX accounts and let you know your options to settle the debt and re-open an AMEX account.

When did you find this out. Will they now let you reopen an account?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.