Reply
Established Member
thunderxls
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎11-25-2008
0

American Express Optima Oasis Card

I felt fortunate enough to re- earn the chance to carry an American Express after my Green card went delinquent through the Optima Oasis program.  2 years later after accepting the card, I am still repairing my credit, but wanting to carry a card without an annual fee.  I have read posts stating others have been successful in converting their card to an Amex Clear or Amex Blue card.  I have called on a couple occasions to be told this card is not "convertible".  Can anyone assist with providing a contact or number to call to accomplish this?  Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card

I also thought this card is not convertible.  Thought you need to just app for another card and cancel this one.  Given AMEX backdating, the harm to doing this is much less compared to a VISA issuer.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
beb86
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card

I have an optima and it used to be available for pc after 13 months but now you can't do that and any apps will be an auto denial
ccpics2.jpg
Regular Contributor
ReBuildingAgn
Posts: 195
Registered: ‎08-01-2008
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card


beb86 wrote:
I have an optima and it used to be available for pc after 13 months but now you can't do that and any apps will be an auto denial

+1. You have to cancel your Optima and app for another product. If you aren't approved for the new product you can't get your Optima back.

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Established Member
thunderxls
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎11-25-2008
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card

Good to know.  I will hang onto the Optima Card until I feel certain my scores and history are clean enough to merit a different card.  Thanks!

Established Contributor
sjt
Posts: 721
Registered: ‎05-05-2010
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card


thunderxls wrote:

I felt fortunate enough to re- earn the chance to carry an American Express after my Green card went delinquent through the Optima Oasis program.  2 years later after accepting the card, I am still repairing my credit, but wanting to carry a card without an annual fee.  I have read posts stating others have been successful in converting their card to an Amex Clear or Amex Blue card.  I have called on a couple occasions to be told this card is not "convertible".  Can anyone assist with providing a contact or number to call to accomplish this?  Thank you in advance for any and all help!


I have heard several things on whether you can apply for another Amex Card while having the Oasis Card. Some folks have reported they were able to get approved for an Amex while still having the Oasis Card, others claim they were automatically denied.

 

While I think the Oasis Program is a great program and a win-win situation for all, I wish Amex would allow you to apply for another product and while having a open Oasis Account. I just dont get their new policy? They could make so you have to close your Oasis Card if you are approved for another card.

Established Contributor
sjt
Posts: 721
Registered: ‎05-05-2010
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card


sjt wrote:

thunderxls wrote:

I felt fortunate enough to re- earn the chance to carry an American Express after my Green card went delinquent through the Optima Oasis program.  2 years later after accepting the card, I am still repairing my credit, but wanting to carry a card without an annual fee.  I have read posts stating others have been successful in converting their card to an Amex Clear or Amex Blue card.  I have called on a couple occasions to be told this card is not "convertible".  Can anyone assist with providing a contact or number to call to accomplish this?  Thank you in advance for any and all help!


I have heard several things on whether you can apply for another Amex Card while having the Oasis Card. Some folks have reported they were able to get approved for an Amex while still having the Oasis Card, others claim they were automatically denied.

 

While I think the Oasis Program is a great program and a win-win situation for all, I wish Amex would allow you to apply for another product and while having a open Oasis Account. I just dont get their new policy? They could make so you have to close your Oasis Card if you are approved for another card.


Update:

 

Mumford1310 posted that they called the Amex Oasis Department and learned that you are able to apply for another Amex Card product without having to close your Oasis Card account. This is good news.

 

Thanks Mumford1010 for the update!

Established Member
Mumford1310
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎03-24-2012
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card

You're welcome but proceed with caution. I hope the rep this morning that told me that is 100% accurate.

Starting Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Current Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Goal Score: 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge



Member
hm22
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎05-06-2012
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card

Does anyone know if this is available for those of us who haven't had Amex but have been denied by them for a traditional card?

Valued Contributor
beb86
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: American Express Optima Oasis Card

No its only for previous AMEX card holders who have CO then PIF an account and its invitation only
ccpics2.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}