Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Payments lightning fast

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Payments lightning fast

Barclay's, however, loves to put payments on hold... Well any time I made a pmt in excess of $2k
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

They bank with Chase, or at least when you wire them money you have to send it to a Chase account.  Still, if it was ACH consumer to consumer accounts I would be amazed if it posted the same day, so it sounds like they are getting some special treatment.

are you say AmEx banks with Chase?

Message 12 of 18
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@ForMyBiz wrote:

They bank with Chase, or at least when you wire them money you have to send it to a Chase account.  Still, if it was ACH consumer to consumer accounts I would be amazed if it posted the same day, so it sounds like they are getting some special treatment.

Message 13 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

oh ok so they can pull from chase fast, doesnt bother me, I always make sure funds are available before I pay

Message 14 of 18
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

Yeh, personally I'd see that as a perk.  I hate having payments pending.

Message 15 of 18
audia4
Established Contributor

I have to say they are pretty quick, but it has never been within the same day for me. I have 2 bank accounts linked to my Amex, one is a credit union and the other is Chase. I made 2 payments today (1 from each acct) and although Amex sent me the payment by email showing I made the payment, it did not credit it to my account nor did it reflect on my balance yet either (and I do this a couple of times a week). Hmmm, that's weird if it's happening for others. Smiley Sad

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 16 of 18
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

AMEX is always quick for me also.

I made my payment this morning and it's already out of my account.  I use B of A.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ForMyBiz wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@ForMyBiz wrote:

Just to clarify, it is NOT that they bank with Chase per se, they do have a wire agreemement for ACH on the Coporate Card side just as they have similar partnerships with other financial institutions - BofA is another.  AMEX just happens to have state-of-the-art ACH presentment tehcnology which allows them to clear the payments quicker instead of the standard overnight batch processing.  It also functions similarly with agreements that they have with other major banks such as BofA , WF, Goldman Sachs, etc. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.