Senior Contributor
john398

American Express Payments lightning fast

Seems like AmEx is on the ball, made my first payment thru American Express with my Chase Bank info and it was withdrawn the same day, usually it takes atleast til the next day for payments

Is this the norm? Its nice as I can expect it to clear the same day I hope

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: American Express Payments lightning fast

Yes it is !! Welcome and congrats!

Amex even posts payments in the $1,000+ range right away to your avail credit.
I love it!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Contributor
CreditControl

My payments do not clear my bank (BOA) until the next day though the payment is reflected in my Amex balance right away.

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Frequent Contributor
Pat94108

CreditControl wrote:

My payments do not clear my bank (BOA) until the next day though the payment is reflected in my Amex balance right away.

Same here but I bank with Capital One 360.

09Lexie

Valued Contributor
Gunnar419

I've also noticed how fast Amex is. Way faster than any oth cc vendor that I know of. They'll credit the payment on "available credit" and send an email saying they've received it even before posting it as a payment on their website and even before the bank clears it.

Contributor
minipoly1

Gunnar419 wrote:

I've also noticed how fast Amex is. Way faster than any oth cc vendor that I know of. They'll credit the payment on "available credit" and send an email saying they've received it even before posting it as a payment on their website and even before the bank clears it.

If you have Chase accounts, payment usually immediately. You will see the updated amount in available credit right away.

One nice thing about Chase is they do account update at 10pm ET weekday instead of midnight.

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
New Contributor
TheClub

If you have a Chase checking & Chase credit card account (CSP, CS, Freedom, Slate, etc.) payment will post immediately and reflect in your available credit.

Also, I find that my payments are expedited when using it to pay my CapOne, AMEX, ad Discover bills also.  Not sure if it's because of the chase checking or not.

& Welcome to AMEX!

My Wallet: Amex BCE & Chase Sapphire Preferred (sometimes Freedom)
Sock Drawer: 4.6k
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

mine post the next day, but I think its more likely on my bank does a batch process that does electronic transactions because my Paycheck and every other billed paid happens right around 8am everyday... never any other time, except for ATM transactions.

Not sure about checks because I haven't written one in years...  Don't even have any blank checks to try.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Amtrak 4.6k, & Freedom 3.3k & Slate 3.3k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Sams Club Discover 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2.5k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Frequent Contributor
ForMyBiz

[ Edited ]

They bank with Chase, or at least when you wire them money you have to send it to a Chase account.  Still, if it was ACH consumer to consumer accounts I would be amazed if it posted the same day, so it sounds like they are getting some special treatment.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+