Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Platinum (US) 100k Sign Up Offer

tag
iloverewards
Valued Member

Re: American Express Platinum (US) 100k Sign Up Offer

Thanks for sharing this! I just got approved for a BCP and my first amex in 10 years! 

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 11 of 63
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Just a warning: you CANNOT get this offer if you have had a platinum card in the last year or ANY amex charge (including zync) in the past 90 days. So if you have a charge, you'd need to close it, wait 90 days, then hope this offer is still available.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 12 of 63
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

No. MR points are $0.005/point for Amex gift cards. I don't know if you can do statement credit. You can get $0.01/point with a lot of retailers, and there are obviously better travel redemptions.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 63
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Are MR points 1 cent per point if traded for cash/statement credit?

the 100k points are worth at least $1,000 -- possibly much more if you transfer to partner airway reward programs.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 63
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Is it possible for someone to forward me the Apply link? I ran my info on CreditCards.com and dont see anything for Amex platinum.. I am willing to be the guinea pig for anyone who is wondering if someone with high utilization can get approved for AMEX platinum Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 63
JoeRo
Valued Member

That site does a soft pull, correct?
Message 16 of 63
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@JoeRo wrote:

yes

Message 17 of 63
genmic
Established Member

I'd be careful as it doesn't look like this offer has the annual fee wavied for the first year, which negates some of the benefit of the extra points. Just wanted to point that out, but I could be wrong as I just looked glanced cursorily at it.

Message 18 of 63
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@JoeRo wrote:

yes

What is the range that people are seeing?   In the "Exclusive Offer" section, I just had a set of Amex, including the Plat (and the BCP, which I already have).  The other cards seemed to be Cap One and First Premier.  I was delighted to see that I could get one of their cards.

Message 19 of 63
JoeRo
Valued Member

I just had AmEx cards as my offers. Plat, gold, BCE, etc. Don't trust it though. I was declined for standard blue on New Years.
Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.