Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Pre Qual

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Pre Qual

I checked AMEX to see if I was pre qualified for any of their cards. The list of cards they gave me that I am pre qualified for are AMEX EveryDay, Blue Cash EveryDay & Blue Cash Preferred. 2 questions.... What are the odds of approval if pre qualified and which card would give the highest starting CL?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Pre Qual

@Anonymous wrote:

I checked AMEX to see if I was pre qualified for any of their cards. The list of cards they gave me that I am pre qualified for are AMEX EveryDay, Blue Cash EveryDay & Blue Cash Preferred. 2 questions.... What are the odds of approval if pre qualified and which card would give the highest starting CL?

Amex prequalified offers are generally pretty reliable but as always is the case, they are not guaranteed approvals. As for the highest limit, I think you would receive pretty much the same limit for any of the cards you listed. God luck if you opt to apply.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had those exact pre-quals with lower scores than you and was approved for BCE back in April.  AMEX pre-quals are generally solid indicators on if you will be approved or not

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had those exact pre-quals with lower scores than you and was approved for BCE back in April.  AMEX pre-quals are generally solid indicators on if you will be approved or not

What credit limit did they give you starting out?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved with an EX 656 and got the 1,000 SL.  It hasnt moved since then with moderate spend put on it.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Imo I think the prequels are good. The first time I had a prequel I didn't apply. After a month or 2 I don longer had a prequel and applied cold turkey and was denied. When the prequalify showed up again several months later I applied and was approved with a SL of $1,000. I immediately tried for a CL increase within the first week and that was a no go. I wated until jeither just before or right at the 90 day mark and was approved for the 3x the CL bringing my CL to $3,000. Tbh I don't even remember using the card before the 90th day and if I did it may have been for a Starbucks or subway purchase under $10...again though I doubt I even used the card prior to the increase. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience the prequals have been pretty solid for Amex. Your Experian score looks pretty good also. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre Q pretty solid. At the time of application for BCE  my exp fico was 734 with 3-4% uti. I have one collection for $60 Smiley Mad AAoA less than 1y.

they aprroved me for $8K. it was instant approval

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.