Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Premier Rewards

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

American Express Premier Rewards

Question:

In order to qualify for 15k Bonus after spending 30K in one year. 

Can you hit the monthly spending (2500) with bills and groceries and gas 

or merchandise only?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Premier Rewards

You can meet the spending in any way that's allowed under the T&Cs, with the exception of cash advances. So yes - bills, groceries, whatever you can use your Amex for will count as "spending."

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

You can meet the spending in any way that's allowed under the T&Cs, with the exception of cash advances. So yes - bills, groceries, whatever you can use your Amex for will count as "spending."

Sounds great. Is the Purchase Protection coverage different on among the types of charge cards e.g.

I purchase a computer for $950 and is stolen within 90 days I purchased using Amex Green Card vs. a PRG.

Anyone have any experience using this feature/benefit.

Message 3 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

In addition to the previous question, my SO received an offer for PRG w/ RSVP code is that tied to her credit information she is not interested in the card however; I want to use her RSVP code when I apply.

Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

In addition to the previous question, my SO received an offer for PRG w/ RSVP code is that tied to her credit information she is not interested in the card however; I want to use her RSVP code when I apply.

Won't work for you...... long time ago it would but they got pretty smart about that Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 12
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

Won't work for you...... long time ago it would but they got pretty smart about that Lol

+1.  What is the offer?  If it's just a preapproval, there would be no reason to use the code anyway.  If it's for a certain amount of bonus points, search around, you might find the same offer is publicly available.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Theres a targeted offer floating around for 75k after 1k spend as well.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 7 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

What is the avg AAoA required for approval as well as EXP FAKO Whogavemecredit is is not very consistent 

Message 8 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

What is the avg AAoA required for approval as well as EXP FAKO Whogavemecredit is is not very consistent 

there's really no fixed minimum AAoA that you need, nor scores.

Amex looks at everything in general, and they also have their own internal risk score.

The charge cards are also considerably easier to get compared to the revolvers.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Would you say their internal risk score is based on income and FICO mostly and assets? or each equally divided. 

632 EQ FICO

720 EXP FAKO from experian.com

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.