tag
steffiejoe
Contributor

Re: American Express Product Change?

@ajh5408 wrote:

@steffiejoe wrote:

Bumping this oldie but goodie thread...

Question

Has any one PC the Clear card to the Costco card?

I have had the Clear card since 2007 . Besides getting the $25.00 gift card after spending $2500.00 on this card I have not really utilized the other benefits .

I just recently joined Costco . I have changed my lifestyle and now am eating much healthier . Costco carries a  large supply of organic  and natural foods at a reasonable prices (better deal then whole foods and much closer to my home).

The costco true earning card seems like a much better deal then the clear.

I've butted heads with AMEX several times on this, but it doesn't seem they will budge on Clear product changes. The message I consistently receive is that, because they are on different rewards programs, Clear can't be converted into anything else. This is, of course, absolute nonsense, since the MR version of the Blue card can readily be converted into, for example, Blue Cash, so this is definitely a Clear-specific issue, I just can't figure out what their motive is. I've submitted feedback numerous times on the subject, since it seems to be an unreasonably prohibitive policy, and I would suggest that you do the same.

Maybe one day, in the distant future, our Clear cards can enter the promised land of worthwhile rewards programs. Smiley Happy

Man that sucks!

I guess  I need to seriously think about if I want to apply for another AMEX card. I just do not want more cards then I can manage/track. I have 5 credit cards now which is more then I really need.

Your credit score
Source: Equifax Date: April 29, 2015
Message 31 of 35
steffiejoe
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@steffiejoe wrote:

Question

I have had the Clear card since 2007 . Besides getting the $25.00 gift card after spending $2500.00 on this card I have not really utilized the other benefits .

I just recently joined Costco . I have changed my lifestyle and now am eating much healthier . Costco carries a  large supply of organic  and natural foods at a reasonable prices (better deal then whole foods and much closer to my home).

I have the Costco card and having it pays for itself, you get money back at the end of the year via a Costco voutcher and that more than pays for the 25 dollar Costco membership fee.  For me that once a year check covers my groceries for that entire month!  So huge savings

I went to Costco for the first time ever last weekend. I normally shopped at Sams  but I had been hearing so many postive things about Costco on here  and myfitness pal forum that I decided to join.

You are right the card pays for itself. Now if I could just convince myself to push the button and apply. I tend to over think things sometimes....

Your credit score
Source: Equifax Date: April 29, 2015
Message 32 of 35
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:
This may be due to the Card Act, which basically says you/the bank cannot increase the fees on your account in the first 13 months. At 10 months, the law is in effect for your case.

No, it has nothing to do with the card act. The Zync is a lower tier charge card.  I even tried PCing 16 months after I had the card and they told me on 4 different instances that the Zync cannot be PCed to another charge card.  If it were Green or higher then yes, it can be changed. However, once you go to Zync you cannot go back without reapplying.  I've asked a total of 9 times over the span of that Zync card and that's the same explanation I received. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 33 of 35
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I could be wrong, but I think the criteria for Zync is a bit less strict than for the other charge cards. From what I have observed and read if you get approved for green/gold/pr gold/plat you would be approved for any of them and that's why you can pretty easily PC after 13 months, whereas Zync has slightly lower requirements.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steffiejoe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@steffiejoe wrote:

Question

I have the Costco card and having it pays for itself, you get money back at the end of the year via a Costco voutcher and that more than pays for the 25 dollar Costco membership fee.  For me that once a year check covers my groceries for that entire month!  So huge savings

I went to Costco for the first time ever last weekend. I normally shopped at Sams  but I had been hearing so many postive things about Costco on here  and myfitness pal forum that I decided to join.

You are right the card pays for itself. Now if I could just convince myself to push the button and apply. I tend to over think things sometimes....

haha

come on you can do it!  Just put down your beer and push the button!  God I want a beer Afghanistan, I must sounds like  a lush but its funny how you always want what you can't have.  Gerrrrrr

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.