Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Pulling Pattern?

tag
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

American Express Pulling Pattern?

Hello everyone!

I was approved for an American Express Zync card on Feburary 15th of 2011, my 1 year is coming up very soon! I plan on applying for the American Express BCE card in March, however I have a quick question. 

When I was first approved by American Express, they pulled all 3 reports. However, if I re-apply for a new card, does anyone think they will re-pull all 3 or was that just a 'trust' issue with AmEx for being a first time member?

Thanks again everyone!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express Pulling Pattern?

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

Hello everyone!

I was approved for an American Express Zync card on Feburary 15th of 2011, my 1 year is coming up very soon! I plan on applying for the American Express BCE card in March, however I have a quick question. 

When I was first approved by American Express, they pulled all 3 reports. However, if I re-apply for a new card, does anyone think they will re-pull all 3 or was that just a 'trust' issue with AmEx for being a first time member?

Thanks again everyone!

They pulled all 3 for Zync?? They may have pulled one and felt you were borderline and wanted to see all 3. You should'nt have that problem the 2nd go around (possible for a revolver tho YMMV)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 25
android01
Valued Contributor

My guess is that if you have used your Zync wisely they will likely pull only EX.  Good luck! 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 25
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thanks again everyone!

They pulled all 3 for Zync?? They may have pulled one and felt you were borderline and wanted to see all 3. You should'nt have that problem the 2nd go around (possible for a revolver tho YMMV)

Yeah I didn't notice it till now but they did! I was surprised because a lot of individuals have mentioned just EX. I would prefer for them to just pull EX from now on, the BCE would be my first revolver card, I should probably lower my UTL before applying, I'm at about 25%? Is that too high before applying for AmEx's revolver cards?
Thank you!

Message 4 of 25
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@android01 wrote:

My guess is that if you have used your Zync wisely they will likely pull only EX.  Good luck! 

I promise I've been good on it, haha, I really hope I can snag a BCE! 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thanks again everyone!

Yeah I didn't notice it till now but they did! I was surprised because a lot of individuals have mentioned just EX. I would prefer for them to just pull EX from now on, the BCE would be my first revolver card, I should probably lower my UTL before applying, I'm at about 25%? Is that too high before applying for AmEx's revolver cards?
Thank you!

Yes, try for below 5% when apping for BCE.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 25
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thanks again everyone!

Thank you!

Yes, try for below 5% when apping for BCE.

Wow 5%? My goodness, I don't know if I will even apply then, haha. I'm currently at about 25%, I wanted the BCE card before my trip in April, and my credit usually reports a bit late so even if I made the payment today I wonder if it will be effective for my report when I apply in March?

I might just apply for a Chase Freedom card and maybe a Citi card? 

Thanks a ton!

Message 7 of 25
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Since you have been an existing cardmember for a year, I would go ahead and app, I don't think 20% util is too high IMO, and since you pinky promised that you've been good all year I bet AMEX will be generous with an approval.

And even if they were to decline, there won't be a hard pull and you get your EX FICO and also your denial reasons as a consolation prize !
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 25
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

if you get denined is only a SP but YMMV..at least it was only an SP for me

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 9 of 25
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Wow, you managed to wait a year? I'm waiting for my 6 month anniversary and I'm going crazy over here!

April 10th will be the day. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.