Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express - SCREAM! (Long)

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Express - SCREAM! (Long)

I use to be on ONE (1)!! of my dads american express cards (Optima) since 2000.  When I filed Chapter 13, they quickly responding by cancelling my card and deleting me. (still reports) Since that faithful month (April 2007) he has gone through 6 CLD on 3 of his 5 credit cards (the 2 charge cards are not effected)  The most recent CLD was just last week on one of the business cards.
I got my EX report today, not only are 2 amex cards reported open and good standing on my report but they have done a "AMEX ACCOUNT REVIEW" on my credit 4 times in the last 45 days.

Although Amex has been very nice every time we have talked to them in the past, they simply think that my fathers credit report and mine have crossed and we keep verifying that no credit reports are fine, it's something internal on amex's side.

He has gone from 68k in credit on 5 cards to about 20k on 5 cards.

The optima, the first account opened in 2000 went from 25k to 1k over 4 CLD (as we paid it off)

So is it worth spending the money to pull more fico reports, fax, call and plead for amex to fix there computers and see about getting any of the credit back, or just finish paying and close all the accounts and start fresh when maybe there computers purge all socials and old accounts.
Amex also states CLEARLY that Auth users have NO EFFECT on primary account hodlers accounts, so from the begginning my credit should have never played into this at all!

Sorry, little vent with my question!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: American Express - SCREAM! (Long)

uggg sounds like a mess and I was just going to add my hubby as an au
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 4
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Sounds like they're chasing his balance and looks like they want him out the door,

I would just paid it off and keep it at 0. Closing it will lose the history and it doen't hurt to sock

drawer those cards.
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It sounds like your dad, and not you, needs to pursue this. If it's true that AU's can't hurt the cardholder's standings, then they've goobered something up bigtime.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.