cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express The paradigm of whats wrong with Lending!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express The paradigm of whats wrong with Lending!

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasnt refering to you, It wa aimed at REBUILDER, who stated I didnt know the circumstances. AGAIN, LET ME BE CLEAR, IT WAS NOT A BANK ISSUED AMEX, I STATED OVER AND OVER AMEX WANTED HER TO NOTORIZE HER SIGNATURE AND ALL DOCUMENTS AT HER BANK THAT PAID THE AMEX BILL NOT A BANK AMERICAN EXPRESS CENTURION BANK IF YOU WANNNA BE TECH., 2ND I AM  NOT A NEWBIE TO CREDIT, MY IDENTITY WAS STOLEN AND TOOK ME A YEAR TO RECOVER AS I MONOTIRED THESE FORUMS FOR HELP so needless to say i became very familiar with it, as my father is a NAZI when it comes to it. To whoever made the comment about shopping at Walmart, before she left San Francisco was the last charge, it was at Neiman Marcus buying a Vuitton and Chloe bag, 4,744.31 TRANSACTION, Not anywhere out of her spending habits. SO NO, NOT WALMART, NOT TARGET, NOT EVEN GROSS JCPENNY, UNION SQUARE NEIMAN MARCUS, AND BARNEYS CO-OP

Understood.

As previously pointed out, it is best received when you go light on the ALL CAPS.  Smiley Happy

And I would continue to anyone who travels to use the advice I listed.  I have had cards denied at times and was required to use a secondary payment source.  In the circumstance that I had a check to pay and no other payment method, I can understand the frustration.

My point:  best to cover your bases because it isn't a matter of "if" something like this will happen, it's just a matter of when and where.

txjohn

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, i just get heated, 24 year old med student with a temper! haha, at any rate she was a fool for bringing just one card not even a debit to texas with her. But i also understand after 6 years of normal spending, and letting them know she was out of town, she told me before she was leaving, Val i have to get off the phone to call AMEX. When her plane arrived at DFW she didnt spend anything i treated for lunch etc. Didnt even go to the Northpark Center, (i wanted to) and ya bam at dinner her card is DECLINED. Then come to find out, CLOSED. I would be pretty upset myself, not to mention why in your opinion do you think they kept and stil open her Delta Reserve $450 a year fee card open? Then when she shoved it in there face with her stuff when she could go to the actual bank that does AUTO draft to pay her bill, they turn around and offer the AMEX GOLD PREF card back???? They are odd people

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

But again, i submit, She was a tad bit wrong for trusting, what she knows now are snakes, SHE SHOULD have brought her debit card at least, even though she did call them. i wouldnt do it, makes sense now though maybe thats why my father didnt let me use his plat. card in Austria, or because no one accepted the card in Eastern Europe. So i just used his Simmons Platinum card they took it everywhere, i kept seeing signs for JCP what is that?

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Large organizations of any kind have many quirks that cannot always be sorted out in a logical way.

I use AMEX, but would never consider carrying only it.  But then again, I won't carry only a single card of any other type either.  I carry no less than 2 credit cards and 1 debit/check, plus some cash if I am traveling.

I do this because of experience.  I venture to say that your friend now has the experience to educate them to consider a similar strategy.  In the end, it's "cover your own butt" strategy that needs to be the rule.

txjohn

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agreed! Learned from her mistake, Should she close her Delta Reserve card she hasnt mentioned anything about it. But I deff am happy my father gave me 3 cards to use in europe and made me go to downtown BOFA in Dallas to get Euros. haha he is always freaking about foreign transactions etc. oh txj i have a question but would rathe rask pvt. can i send you a pvt. message?

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

sure

Message 26 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thread locked and under Moderator review

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.