Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Twitter @AskAmex

tag
jpparker07
New Contributor

American Express Twitter @AskAmex

Hello guys! I just wanted to give everyone a suggestion if they run into roadblocks with American Express customer service. I don't want to specify exactly what request I made because it is a very common request and I don't want the twitter to get bombarded with the request, but if you need a last resort @AskAmex is the place to go. I called customer service over and over trying to get something done and each time I was told no (it was polite but it was always "no"). Out of desperation I tweeted the American Express twitter account and I got a message back and then a representative started to direct message me. It took two days but the representative got my request completed even after I had been told "no" every day since Monday.

I don't know if this is how the @AskAmex account is supposed to be used, but if you need one last option to get something done I recommend this tactic. The people are extremely friendly and they personally take up the issue and keep in contact until the request has been fulfilled. I follow my other bank's twitter accounts and no one is as proactive as these representatives. Needless to say I am very happy with the service provided.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: American Express Twitter @AskAmex

No issue of bombarding twitter. AskAmex is there just for serving customers, I have used them 7-8 times over past month or so. Never ever call CS unless they direct me to

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.