Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express USA - Gold Card Charter Member

tag
kromix
New Contributor

American Express USA - Gold Card Charter Member

Recently got a replacement Gold Card in the mail, I'm a Member Since 1997, and this card now reads Charter Member. I can't find any info on it online other than on the singapore Amex website, which is something different....

What exactly does this mean for me now other than my card Saying "Charter Member" on it, and why did it even happen now certain time since I've had the card I thought it was for people who have had it since the beginning?

Thanks!

Edit by webhopper
Pictures of actual credit cards are not allowed due to security reasons.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express USA - Gold Card Charter Member

someones special hahha

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

is it engraved?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 18
kromix
New Contributor

Engraved? No it's the same printing on the card as is the 4 digit code, black ink..

Really Curious as to WHY and HOW? lol

Message 4 of 18
RSCo
Established Contributor

Search in Google for "Amex Charter Member" reveals the following as the FIRST search results...

Charter Membership is a very special designation reserved for our most valued American Express Gold Card Cardmembers. This exclusive honour is by invitation only.

Buy-1-Get-1-Free offer for all Friday shows and year round 15% savings on regular priced tickets at any one of the Broadway, PALACE and AMC Cinemas in Hong Kong2
2 free visits per year to airport lounges in Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Langkawi, Johor, Hyderabad, Muscat, New Delhi, Guangzhou, Shanghai or Beijing
2 times per year on Emergency Home Assistance for urgent home repairs such as locksmith services, electrical support or plumbing repairs
1st Supplementary Card lifetime fee waiver - For as long as you maintain your American Express Charter Membership, your first Supplementary Card4 will be free for life
No Worries Guarantee
Exclusive birthday privileges
Dedicated Charter Member hotline
$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 5 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on the designation.

Unfortunately, you should probably delete the image of your actual cc.
Message 6 of 18
kromix
New Contributor

@RSCo wrote:
Search in Google for "Amex Charter Member" reveals the following as the FIRST search results...

This is different, I saw that as well, but thats not the same thing, thats on the AMEX HK site, look at all the "Perks" all China related, maybe it's by invitation only in the US as well, but I can't find ANY info on it.

Message 7 of 18
kromix
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on the designation.

Unfortunately, you should probably delete the image of your actual cc.

Any security concerns or anything you can think of?? I blocked out the account number, is there anything that is not hidden I should be worried about??

Message 8 of 18
RSCo
Established Contributor

09lexie, it's not possible to edit or delete messages after posting, is it?
$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 9 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Maybe its risky, and just to be safe.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.