Did you mean: 

American Express .....Unforgiving

tag
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express .....Unforgiving

@Repo-ed wrote:

@IceKill wrote:

You have bankruptcy records reflected in a report obtained from Teletrack Consumer Reporting Agency. 

Your FICO score (see below - below it says 731)  

Length of time accounts have been established (Experian)  

Too few credit card accounts on which, in our estimation, you have paid a majority of the balance in recent months (Experian)

As for the last point, as I mentioned all but my Freedom card are at 0 balance and Freedom I literally charge up about $1,500 and pay off about once a week.

Boom.

There's 20 threads on here at a minimum about Amex and how they will simply not approve post-BK.

well try again in a year, and if no then do it once the BK is off, is there a certain card or reason why you chose Amex?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 11 of 49
IceKill
Established Member

Boom.

There's 20 threads on here at a minimum about Amex and how they will simply not approve post-BK.

There about 20 more that talk of people getting approved for Amex after 6+ years of perfect history.  I have to conclude that they 1] they are sticklers on the BK and 2] they are perhaps seeing the $1500 ish balance on my Freedom card as never being paid when in fact it's paid and charged again about once a week.

I wonder if it's worth trying again with a zero balance on everything - I can probably figure out the statement date for Chase and make sure it's paid off on that date.  Does AmEx have a minimum re-application period?

Starting Score: 629
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 49
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

30 days

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 13 of 49
IceKill
Established Member

well try again in a year, and if no then do it once the BK is off, is there a certain card or reason why you chose Amex?

Oh dear - well good question, no there is no reason at all that I need an AmEx card and other than Costco I probably would never use it.  As sappy as it seems my only reason for wanting one is 1] my Dad had one and 2] because I can't seem to get one!

Message 14 of 49
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@IceKill wrote:

Oh dear - well good question, no there is no reason at all that I need an AmEx card and other than Costco I probably would never use it.  As sappy as it seems my only reason for wanting one is 1] my Dad had one and 2] because I can't seem to get one!

right i understand, I wanted it because rewards and I think it looks good on my credit report... but the minimum is 30 days, you can try to pay off your freedom, and if that still doesnt work then i think youd probably have to wait that 2 years.. but in the mean time whats your CL on your cards... maybe you can try to raise those especially if they pull soft....

well i just checked they are pretty high, maybe you can ask for a CLI on the barclaycard and the citi.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 15 of 49
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@IceKill wrote:

Boom.

There about 20 more that talk of people getting approved for Amex after 6+ years of perfect history.  I have to conclude that they 1] they are sticklers on the BK and 2] they are perhaps seeing the $1500 ish balance on my Freedom card as never being paid when in fact it's paid and charged again about once a week.

I wonder if it's worth trying again with a zero balance on everything - I can probably figure out the statement date for Chase and make sure it's paid off on that date.  Does AmEx have a minimum re-application period?

No.  I don't say this to be mean. I just wish that there was a huge sticky for those post-BK about having a 99.99% chance of a decline, when app'ing Amex.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 49
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@IceKill wrote:

You have bankruptcy records reflected in a report obtained from Teletrack Consumer Reporting Agency. 

There you go. AMEX does not like to see negative info on Teletrack.

Message 17 of 49
IceKill
Established Member

Chase Freedom $10,000

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 (I moved 5K of the CL to Freedom because of the Chase Essentials Program)

Credit Union Visa $10,000

Priceline Barclays $2,500

Citi Thank You Preferred $5,000

Texaco/Shell/Conoco $1,000 each

Walmart $5,000

Amazon Store Card $2,500

Bill me Later via PayPal $5,000

.... That's $48,000 in available revolving of which I use an average of $1,500 a week and max $2,000 before paying it off - I haven't paid interest on a card in 6 years.  I think I'll probably just say what the heck and try again December 2014 when the BK falls off .... I really don't get their policy aren't a couple of Visa Signature cards harder to qualify for than a plain jane AmEx?

Thanks for the input.

Message 18 of 49
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Well depends on what card you applied for... what did you?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 19 of 49
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

AMEX cares a lot about Teletrack, more so that a collection on Teletrack = automatic denial even when your major CR is perfect.

You have to do something about this Teletrack.

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.