cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express WILL report a $1 balance.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express WILL report a $1 balance.

I know the topic comes up a lot with what the minimum balance is that different creditors will report before they will just consider it too small to report and end up reporting $0.  Most tend to recommend $5 (as a minimum) on this forum.  As a data point here, I wanted to let everyone know that Amex WILL report a $1 balance.  I usually only let my Amex card (BCE, BTW) report $0.  Last year I did a $1 CCT trial that I forgot about and Amex reported that $1.  Just last week I purposefully did the same thing, using my Amex card for a CCT $1 trial in time to see if it would report.  Again the $1 balance reported.  I'm confident after experiencing this twice at least 6-8 months apart from each other that Amex will indeed report a $1 balance should you decide to give them that small of an amount to work with.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express WILL report a $1 balance.

AMEX is all about their $$$ ! Other lenders will give you that low amount for free lol

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express WILL report a $1 balance.

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX is all about their $$$ ! Other lenders will give you that low amount for free lol

That's what I've heard, but never experienced it.  I read that with Discover the cutoff was either $2 or $3, but I've had both $2 and $3 balances reported by them as well, so I don't think I buy that.  The 1st (tomorrow) is my cutoff for Discover, so maybe I'll put $1.00 on it and see if that $1 reports.  I know these things matter very little, I just like to have finite data points not just "$5+ and you should be good..." 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.