Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 31 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: American Express Zync Denied??

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

well on my equifax report i only have one inquire and none of these account have shown up yet so im gonna try one more time before any of them show up.

Just realize that if your recon works, and you're approved, AmEx will soft you regularly at first (as they do all new cardholders.) If they don't like those new accounts, you might well find your card canceled anyway. AmEx giveth, and AmEx also taketh away.

do they really do that?? if u open to many new accounts theyll cancel you seems kinda harsh??

I don't know that they do that with everyone, but since they already seem to have some sort of problem with you, they might well scrutinize you more closely.

I was a little confused as to what your util actually is, per what you posted earlier:

735 Credit Score equifax

US bank 07/2011 1000 credit limit 

JCP card 868 07/2008 balance 6000 credit limit

HSBC card 02/2001 1500 limit 68 balance

2 inquries

Reasons denied

Too Many Inquiries

High balance to credit limit ratio

To many new accounts.

Was there a reported balance on US Bank? What's the 868 figure on JCP?

And did the letter say that they pulled Equifax? That's very unusual, because they usually pull Experian. If so, was it because your EX (Experian) was frozen? That right there might have been the problem. If you don't let them look at the report, maybe they don't let you have a card.

At any rate, were there 2 inqs on Equifax at the time, or 2 on Experian?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 35
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Sorry the JCPenney card has a 6000 limit and has a $868 balance the US bank card has a zero balance  and right now my EQ has 2 and when i call and the letter says

Too many inquiries (Equifax)

To many new accounts ( Equifax)

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 33 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

Sorry the JCPenney card has a 6000 limit and has a $868 balance the US bank card has a zero balance  and right now my EQ has 2 and when i call and the letter says

Huh. Weird.

When did you open the three cards that you had when you app'd for the AmEx? In other words, how old were the three cards that they saw on your Equifax report?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 35
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

Huh. Weird.

When did you open the three cards that you had when you app'd for the AmEx? In other words, how old were the three cards that they saw on your Equifax report?

i just thought about that my us bank card was opened in july 2011 but the other 2 were open in 2008 and 2001 thats why i might have better luck now that the US bank card has been open for 6 months

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.