cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express identity protection department?

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express identity protection department?

@efranklin23 wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

I got my shiny new SPG card today in the mail, activated it and put my long awaited hotel charges on it. ($1500 on a 2k CL) Then I went to the store to buy a soda at night and denied. When I called in I was told I needed to call back tomorrow morning to talk to the above department. 

Has anyone else had to talk to this department? Is this the initial rock that snowballs to a FR? I'm just bored now (and thirsty) 

Did you call AMEX to inform them that you're using a hotel or out of town? I know with my BofA card if I don't call to inform the lender I'm travelling out of the regional area, my cards automatically get turned off due to fraud and then I'll get a call about 5 minutes later to confirm my identity. Seem like the same situation here.

No i didn't call them, I used it to book a hotel on the SPG website but everything turned out ok. 

Message 11 of 14
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

I got my shiny new SPG card today in the mail, activated it and put my long awaited hotel charges on it. ($1500 on a 2k CL) Then I went to the store to buy a soda at night and denied. When I called in I was told I needed to call back tomorrow morning to talk to the above department. 

Has anyone else had to talk to this department? Is this the initial rock that snowballs to a FR? I'm just bored now (and thirsty) 

Did you call AMEX to inform them that you're using a hotel or out of town? I know with my BofA card if I don't call to inform the lender I'm travelling out of the regional area, my cards automatically get turned off due to fraud and then I'll get a call about 5 minutes later to confirm my identity. Seem like the same situation here.

No i didn't call them, I used it to book a hotel on the SPG website but everything turned out ok. 

oh ok cool. GL!!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 12 of 14
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Strange. 

When I received my Amex BcP and PRG card last month I was able to travel and made all sorts of charges from LA to VEGAS to Colorado and everything between. 

Not a single fraud alert through my two week long break. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 13 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Not strange at all.  Everyone's situation isn't identical.  Something triggered this for wHiTeSoL even if we have no idea what it was.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.