Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express letter received in mail today

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

American Express letter received in mail today

"As you may have learned from recent news coverage, our partnership with Costco will end on March 31st, 2016.

While it's not easy to see a longstanding partnership end, we remain as committed as ever to providing you with world class service and products that deliver excellent value, rewards and benefits.

What You Can Expect Now

Between now and March 31st, 2016 you can continue to use your Card as you do today, including at Costco stores in the U.S., on Costco.com, and everywhere American Express Cards are accepted and you will continue to earn cash back on your eligible purchases.

What's Next

We have many rewarding products and are committed to earning your business now and in the future. As always, no matter which American Express Card you carry in your wallet, you can count on American Express' award winning service and our brand's 165 year promise of trust and security.

Our Customer Care Professionals are here to serve you, 24/7. We encourage you to call 1-888-246-1076, or the number on the back of your Card, should you have any questions regarding your account.

We appreciate your business with American Express and thank you for being a loyal Card Member.

Sincerely,

Josh Silverman

President, Consumer Products & Services"

So do we get a PC and keep our trade lines or what? 😁

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express letter received in mail today

well that isnt much info lol..

Message 2 of 24
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

All kidding aside that might be my oldest TL. I guess I should start apping away now...

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me grab my tissues lol. I cancelled my Costco VISA back in December. BJs is much better place to shop now anyway.

Message 4 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

Let me grab my tissues lol. I cancelled my Costco VISA back in December. BJs is much better place to shop now anyway.

BJ's isnt nationwide... Comparing BJ's to costco is laughable in size of operation ...  Comparing Costco and Sam's I can believe which is a better arguement.   Also Costco card isnt a visa, an Amex Smiley Happy..

Message 5 of 24
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

What's BJs? And why/ how was it a Visa?

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats going to be a sweet mess in the future.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

well that isnt much info lol..

Yep, lots of words that said nothing.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:

What's BJs? And why/ how was it a Visa?

You don't know what BJ's is? 

(Mod edit - For the purpose of this thread, BJ's refers specificaly to a regional warehouse store --SE)

Message 9 of 24
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

It didn't mention what Amex will replace the card with, some people say it implies that the card is done.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.